Chefelf.com Night Life: Best Bands That No One Has Heard Of - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Best Bands That No One Has Heard Of

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:45 AM

go out and buy it!!!!!!!!!!

And that's an order! cool.gif

#17 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 24 2004, 09:41 AM)
yeah, but it's very different to SP. the first album is fucking brilliant, and so is the second... but it might take you a while to get use to the 2nd one... I would describe it as cute-noir. but the first one is a great amalgamation of 80s synth pop mixed with experimental electronics...

go out and buy it!!!!!!!!!!

I've downloaded a couple of tracks as a taster, and some of it reminds me very much of Mortiis. Only I don't think Ohgr dresses like a troll and wears prosthetic face pieces to enhance the troll thing.
Anyway, do you know/like anything by Mortiis? He's sort of like dark ambient/industrial stuff. He used to be in Emperor, I believe.

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:43 PM

i've not heard of Mortiis... and i don't think i've ever sat down and listened to Emperor... they were a black metal band or something right?

#19 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, black metal. Not quite as ridiculously over the top as some, but black metal nontheless. Mortiis is far different from Emperor though.

#20 User is offline   somecanadianguy Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:30 PM

My mind is sorta sleeping right now and Im very tired so I might be accurate with this but Im gonna have to say Lacuna Coil.. the band that Evancesence totally and fucking blindly ripped off!!!!! Theyre so much better too... fuck evenacence...

I'll add Orphaned Land aswell... theire a death metal band from Isreal... some really great stuff. Check em out... download the song Halo Dies.

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:58 PM

Evancesence? we call them Schweppavesence... if you don't have schwepps in your country, there could be a problem getting that one.

but speaking of bands that have names that end in coil.

is anyone else here a fan of COIL?
if not, go out and get there ealy stuff ablum titles to get: Scatology, Horse Rotorvator, Unatural History (1,2, and 3), Loves Secret Domain.
they did the original score to HELLRAISER but the producers said it made the movie too disturbing so other music was used...

#22 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:23 PM

L7. Hole clearly and blatantly rips them off on "Live Through This". I'll second the Lacuna Coil thing. I've been listening to them a bit and enjoy it. I won't be surprised if they wind up getting big over here because of all the Evanescence hype. Someone has to be looking for a new Evanescence as we speak. Look at how fast we had a bunch of Avril wannabes hitting the scene...
And Poe. She had a couple of hits in the late 90s and then disappeared. As far as I know she still releases music, but nothing has really been high-profile.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size