#1 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:34 AM

"Can ‘Star Wars: Episode III’ be saved?
Fire Lucas, fire Christensen and resurrect Ed Wood from the grave"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4980465

He seems to know what he's talking about...

#2 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:05 AM

Ah, THANK YOU so much for finding that for us. I just finished reading it and it was fantastic - I'm still chucking over it now and have book-marked it for future reading pleasure.

You were absolutely right - this guy certainly knows what he's talking about. And he puts it down in words just beautifully.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:47 PM

Man those people on theforce.ent are fucking psychos from hell. According to them, anyone who dislikes the prequels are either jealous of George Lucas (get the fuck outta here) or have no say in how George tells his story. These people man.....I bet if George decided to do a spinoff movie called Episode 7: The Adventures of Jar Jar's Shit Stepping Antics they would defend that too.

#4 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:07 PM

A lot of people defend the prequels with the lame argument that Lucas can do whatever he wants with his movies.

That's fine - he can do whatever he wants. But that doesn't mean anyone has to like it.

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:29 PM

That was a pretty entertaining article. While I agree with a lot of the things that were being said I am tired of people acting as if the trilogy can be saved! You had two TERRIBLE movies! If Episode III is EXACTLY as good as The Empire Strikes Back the trilogy is still ruined.

Why do people care so much about the last film being any good? Will it matter? Answer: No. If anything else that would be an extra slap in the face as to what could have been with the other two movies.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ May 18 2004, 08:29 PM)
If anything else that would be an extra slap in the face as to what could have been with the other two movies.

Damn! Beat me to it Nate. This is exactly how I feel about the pending 3rd film. If it's crap, we knew it was going to be. If it's great, what the hell was Lucas doing with the films leading up to this one. The trilogy suffers more for the improvement on the crap that preceeds it.

It really is a no save situation.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#7 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:27 AM

Absolutely - 1 out of 3 is still 1 out of 3. And unless they re-cast Darth Vader with the right actor, I can't see the film being any good. When I saw the picture of Hayden in the article, I was once again reminded of how inappropriate he was for the role. I'd forgotten just how bad he really was.

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:14 AM

for those who visit who believe the lucas can spend his money however he likes... please direct them to my little outburst (from now on).

ONCE AND FOR ALL I WILL SAY IT!!! LUCAS CAN DO WHAT HE LIKES WITH HIS MONEY, BUT NOT MINE!!! AND AS LONG AS I HAVE TO PAY TO SEE THOSE MOVIES THEN IT'S MY MONEY, IT'S YOUR MONEY, IT'S EVERYONE'S DAMN MONEY!!! AND YOU CAN ARGUE THAT A MAJORITY OF PEOPLE OUT THERE LIKE THESE MOVIES, SO IT MAKES SENSE TO CATER TO THESE EASILY IMPRESSED 11 YEAR OLDS AS APOSED TO THE 5% OF THE AUDIENCE WHO ARE HARDCORE STAR WARS FANS FROM THE OLD DAYS... WELL JUST REMEMBER THIS, IT'S THAT SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE WHOSE OPINION SUDDENLY DROPPED IN VALUE ON THE MOVIE STOCK MARKET, WHO MADE LUCAS RICH IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH THAT CAN SHOVE IT UP THIER ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thus ends todays lessen in loyalty!

#9 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:17 AM

Why do people care so much about the last film being any good? Will it matter? Answer: No

I think the guy writing the article is well aware of that considering the his tone and the extreme measures he advocates. He knows its not gonna happen. To me it says "There is no way episode III will be any good but I might have some fun at Georges expense as personal payback" Much like what we're doing here.

#10 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:20 AM

Guest = me.

#11 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:04 AM

True. Also, I will happily direct anyone who thinks George Lucas can do what he likes to your statement, Barend. I wish it could be printed on flyers and dropped over cities with high populations of prequel loving idiots.

#12 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:42 AM

I disagree about Episode III being great. I want it to be great because I WANT TO BE FUCKING ENTERTAINED FOR 2 HOURS! Sure, afterwards, maybe it'll make me more pissed that the other 2 weren't as good, but for those 2 hours, I'll actually be watching a SW movie! I'll actually be engrossed in the picture! THAT'S what I want, I want to feel like I did the first time I saw the OT movies. I don't care if it can't save the other 2, because it is its own movie, and if its great, sure I'll be pissed at the other 2, but I'll know I'll always have Episode III to come back to.

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:36 AM

Hmmm.... but can you have even the remotest chance of imagining you are watching a real Star Wars movie when Hayden Christensen is in it?

#14 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:14 PM

I think it's all just a clever ruse. This whole Hayden Christensen version of Anakin will finally reach its end:

HAYDEN
(Glowering for no apparent reason) I said NO dewback berries in my Jawa Juice! I'm feeling so angry! And maybe even EVIL!

EWAN
(Apparently used to these outbursts, looks up from his breakfast at the DINER) Hmm? Is something wrong, Anakin?

HAYDEN
(Petulant) Your space-pancakes look nicer than mine. And they broke the yolks on my Taun-taun eggs that were supposed to be Tatooine-binary-sunny-side-up. They don't look anything like the hologram in the lazer-menu.

EWAN
I have to go use the little-droids-room. (Exits)

Suddenly, in bursts a man in a dark and familiar robotic suit, breathing with a respirator. It is, of course...

DARTH VADER
I am on orders to destroy all JEDI! Prepare to face death and become one with the FORCE!

HAYDEN
Cool! I always wanted to join the Sith! It would be so Goth! I have almost all of The Cure's albums!

DARTH VADER
Do you have any of Robert Smith's solo work?

HAYDEN
No, I... *gasp CRUNCH*

DARTH VADER
Infidel!!!

DARTH kills HAYDEN. Nobody in the cafe notices because in the LUCAS universe nobody pays attention to other people. DARTH suddenly gets a HOLO-MESSAGE on his WRIST TRANCEIVER

PALPEMPEROR
You fool! It is too soon. We haven't revealed ourselves yet! You must adopt a disguise!

DARTH VADER
Yes, my master.

DARTH looks around frantically. He then snaps his FINGERS. He has a horribly, awfully, wonderfully SITH-Y idea. He ducks below camera view and you see clothes being removed from HAYDEN. DARTH throws Hayden's CORPSE out the window. Again, nobody notices.

EWAN returns from his bathroom break.

EWAN
Well, I see your mood has improved.

ANIVADER
(Dressed now in Hyaden's old clothes, Vader looks ridiculous to anybody who doesn't worship Lucas. He has a wig that looks like Hayden's hair and he is wearing the leather Jedi gear over his body armor.) Yum! This breakfast is great!

EWAN
Is there something different about you?

--FW

#15 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:09 PM

biggrin.gif Yeah, that would work. I'd like to see that actually.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size