NEW CHRISTIAN BAITING ARTICLE! OMGTEHROLFCOPTERLOL

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

http://jmhofman.tripod.com/id188.html

So yeah, I finally stopped half assing and wrote a real article for once. Check it out and tell me what you think, I hope I've still got what it takes. Note that I provided a link, am I growing considerate in my old age or have I just had one too many mojitos?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:57 AM

Not bad at all. You weren't any more unbiased against them than they are against gays/abortions/etc. but then again, who can stay unbiased against such ignorant cunts? Personally, I just love listening to these assholes preaching about the love of God while there's a clear exp​ression of contempt and hatred on their face.

#3 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

Not a bad article at all. I am uterly sick of these people calling themselves "Christian" when they are the farthest from it. They haven't read the entire bible, they listen to wishy-washy "preachers", they go to their "church service" pep-rallies and come out hating everyone for apical reasons alone. It's not Christianity that you're attacking, it's religion in general because all if it has taken this trend.

I am a Christian, but I am not religious! There is a big difference. I do things the way that I see fit as spoken of in the Bible and that is to love one another. Just live and let live. If these fanatics have ever read the entire bible for themselves, this is the message that they should get. Love one another and live and let live.

#4 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:09 PM

With that said, I'd like to direct those of you who haven't yet read Yahtzee's Chris and Trilby comic here. This one sums up this issue beautifully.

#5 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

Good stuff David-Kyo. smile.gif

#6 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:46 PM

You weren't any more unbiased against them than they are against gays/abortions/etc

Not unbiased? Hey I was nice enough to offer to get rid of all the references to inbred hillbillies, I think I was being very fair with them.

I am a Christian, but I am not religious! There is a big difference. I do things the way that I see fit as spoken of in the Bible and that is to love one another. Just live and let live. If these fanatics have ever read the entire bible for themselves, this is the message that they should get. Love one another and live and let live.

Thanks Yukai, I'm really glad you weren't offended. I kind of lean towards Christianity myself, though certainly not towards church. I always try to specify that I'm talking about crazies less than I'm talking about Christians.

I DO think Christians have a requirement to try to help their fellow man or woman or tranvestite to a more moral path, but only if they know them or are just doing it on a one on one basis. One person talking to another and praying for them is fine, but when you get a mob of nut jobs outside an abortion clinic with pictures of dead babies you're just scaring people. And when you make laws saying gay couples cannot be real families you're just hurting people. Christianity is entirely too organized nowadays and has lost the real spirit of the religion. Fuck, Jesus didn't go out and lobby against allowing Roman couples to marry or try to have amendments passed to ban money changing, he went out and talked to people like they were his fellows.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#7 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:03 AM

J. M., I was going to say a lot of what you just said, about talking to your fellow man, one on one. And Jesus treating people as if they were all his friends. Now it's become so crazy with these crazy creeds and these "youth-groups." Hell, I was trash talked and exiled in my Sunday school classes because I wanted to learn, not socialize about avarice and "my daddy gives more money to the church than your daddy does." I didn't care about shoes, jersey's, disigner clothes, and all this silly singing! Like I stated earlier, it's just a pep-rally. A psuedo-Christian pep-rally at that.

Honestly, some of the worst battles about religion that I have had were against those that call themselves Christian. Waitaminute! Aren't we on the same team?!

Oh well, I guess I don't count, I'm not a Commercial-Christian.

#8 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Nov 24 2006, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not unbiased? Hey I was nice enough to offer to get rid of all the references to inbred hillbillies, I think I was being very fair with them.

I never said it was unfair to treat them like that, they had it coming!

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 24 November 2006 - 05:14 AM

#9 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:02 PM

It's clear not one of you read the bible.

Jesus was not making friends, he was going around and calling people names, losing his temper, throwing stuff, and getting angry at the aposltes stupidty.

Jesus spoke more verses on hell than heaven.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#10 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Nov 24 2006, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's clear not one of you read the bible.

Jesus was not making friends, he was going around and calling people names, losing his temper, throwing stuff, and getting angry at the aposltes stupidty.

Jesus spoke more verses on hell than heaven.

Ha ha haaa! You may have read the bible but did you understand why he was calling certain people names? He was ripping on the Pharicees and the Saducees for honoring laws that they thought were so correct when in fact it was them that twisted the laws. Jesus had the right to call them theives, liars, and hypocrites. Jesus only lost his temper in the church, supposedly a place of worship where instead of worship, gambling was going on. He had the right to lose his temper there and smash the place up. No worshiping of God was going on there, only lucrative attempts of wanton greed. And Jesus said it himself, "Man cannot serve God and Mammon." Mammon being material things and riches.

Maybe the way you see it, Jesus was getting angry with his apostles, but how can one not be corrected for their mistakes if no action (and sometimes) anger is involved. And if Jesus never preached on Hell, them more people would be tempted to do more wrong because they don't fear an ultimate consequence for their actions. Considering that most of the people didn't even want to listen to Moses after he had the Ten Commandments, it seems that it was absolutely valid that Jesus tell the people what is in store for them. And this leads back to Jesus calling people liars, thieves, and hypocrites. They perverted parts of the Ten Commandments to accomodate themselves.

If you want a feel good meassage about "psuedo-religion" and how to spend your money, then go to a church, be religious. But if you want someone to follow, then follow Jesus.

#11 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:09 PM

Ahh, such discussions are always infinitely amusing seen from a Buddhist's point of view. biggrin.gif Hmm, no wait, that's not right. It's just amusing. But it would be infinitely amusing from a Shintoist's point of view. laugh.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#12 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

You go, Yukai. I would have said the stuff you said but you said it for me. Thanks! tongue.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:37 AM

Jesus was also the son of god, Asshat. You get to yell at people if you're the son of god. You also get to cast out demons, walk on water, turn water into wine, etc.

But did Jesus make a binding law saying certain people he didnt like couldnt get married? Did he have legislators telling people how to live their lives? Did he try to see people imprisoned or killed for what they did? No. He was the son of god and he didnt go half as far as some of these crazy asses. What makes you think they have the right?

#14 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

Jesus rules!
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#15 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:04 AM

So Mr. Bush changed his name already?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size