Chefelf.com Night Life: Kenobi the Kung Fu Master - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Kenobi the Kung Fu Master Oh and another thing…

#31 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 2 2006, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
while obi wan had nothing better to do than practice his techniques and powers, and practice them on sandpeople...

he should have been a god by the time luke asked for help...

Damn straight!
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#32 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

Ok, now picture Jet Li in his 70's living in a far away galaxy that frowns upon martial arts as if the practitioners of said arts were traitors to their way of life. Kinda hard to practice when people hate you for what you practice.

#33 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 4 2006, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, now picture Jet Li in his 70's living in a far away galaxy that frowns upon martial arts as if the practitioners of said arts were traitors to their way of life. Kinda hard to practice when people hate you for what you practice.

huh.gif Obi-wan is way out in the friggin desert on Tatooine! A planet that used to be considered a backwater planet until it was shown to be so central to galactic events. There isn't anyone around to discourage him, or even try and stop him.

Oh, and I would take Bruce Lee instead. Nobody would even touch him.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#34 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Mar 5 2006, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif Obi-wan is way out in the friggin desert on Tatooine! A planet that used to be considered a backwater planet until it was shown to be so central to galactic events. There isn't anyone around to discourage him, or even try and stop him.

Oh, and I would take Bruce Lee instead. Nobody would even touch him.

One thing we're all forgetting... if Obi-Wan were to practice his Force abilities all the time, wouldn't it make it easy for the Emperor to find out where he was hiding?

Yeah, Bruce Lee could probably stand a better chance.

#35 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 5 2006, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing we're all forgetting... if Obi-Wan were to practice his Force abilities all the time, wouldn't it make it easy for the Emperor to find out where he was hiding?

if they couldn't find luke using the skywalker name, i seriously doubt Obiwan was in any danger...

#36 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 5 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if they couldn't find luke using the skywalker name, i seriously doubt Obiwan was in any danger...

While this is true, Vader was not aware he had a son... or a daughter for that matter. He didn't know the children survived. He thought they died along with their mother. I should say, Vader thought that his child died along with his/her mother. He wasn't even aware that she had twins. Obi-Wan may not have been in danger with the Empire directly, but he was in danger of being persecuted, and possibly tracked down and killed by people living on Tattooine, just for being a Jedi.

#37 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

tatooine was a very 'anything goes' place.... ben was fine...

it wasn't until he reached the death star that vader felt something familiar...

#38 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 5 2006, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tatooine was a very 'anything goes' place.... ben was fine...

it wasn't until he reached the death star that vader felt something familiar...
Spinning?

Seems to me that Vader would use his resources to look into the details of Padme's death.

(I don't care how clever GL was, killing them all off. Somebody has the information. They did kill everyone else, right? I can't be held to memory on the rots film.)

Oh, that's right. Annie blindly accepts Emptine explanations, no questions asked. It therefore acts as a clever bookend to Jar-jar being the key.

Back to the thread at hand: I haven't seen the Kill Bill movies. But for all the swordplay finesse shown in rots, it's a wonder we never saw the younglings sparring with practice sabers. Or training for flight (wait, see top of reply).

Or snowboarding. Never saw them practice that. What did they do anyway, pontificate? At least baby boba made us hate him. I couldn't care less about the younglings. Makes it easier to see them die, some focus group reported, I'm sure.

Sailor Abbey, was the KB Kung-fu master similar to the OT Obi-wan?

#39 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:05 AM

Nope, he was a mean bastard, which made him so likeable.

And don't call me Abbey. wink.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#40 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Mar 6 2006, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, he was a mean bastard, which made him so likeable.

And he was very likeable. Pai Mei taught her some cool stuff... like the 3-inch punch technique through a buried coffin. Super cool.

#41 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:49 AM

Makes you wonder how often that man found himself buried in a coffin, doesn't it? I assume it's getting boring after the third or fourth time.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#42 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:40 PM

Man, if that happened to me, i would prolly just go back to sleep and hope to asphixiate before i wake up again.
OH NO!!!

#43 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (ion eon @ Mar 6 2006, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, if that happened to me, i would prolly just go back to sleep and hope to asphixiate before i wake up again.

Which brings to mind Karate Kid Part II. Remember when Daniel-San asked Mr. Myagi if he could chop a log in half like the martial artist in the poster? "Don't know. Never been attacked by tree." Ah, good times, good times. happy.gif

#44 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:58 AM

i have to say i'd give it a shot...

plus i would never go to someones place to kill them without steel cap boots on... so unless they took them off, i'd start there.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size