Chefelf.com Night Life: another reason to hate and abhor ROTS - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

another reason to hate and abhor ROTS amateurism and nepotism

#1 User is offline   Anakin's boy Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

While I'm waiting for my registration to go through, I thought I would write out the reason I even registered....for just one thing that bugs the hell out of me SO MUCH that I just HAD to find a sympathetic ear!

First I must say I thoroughly enjoyed ChefElf's reasons to hate episodes 1-3.
Very well thought out and presented.

I must say I'm straining right now to stay within the guidelines of the forum....this little bit of total amateurism bugs me so much!!!

ChefElf points out that in ep. 2, Lucas' daughter mugs for the camera before we meet Sleazebaggano.

Now here's what's bugging moi.
In Ep. 3....

After the initial "epic" battle scene, and right after Obi and...what's his name again? Oh yeah, ANNIE, have their little heartwarming scene about how Annie should get all the credit...

We move on to where Palpatine is greeted by Mace Windu. Now if you look in the back at the dignitaries behind Palpatine, you will see Lucas' idiotic amateur actor of a daughter look STRAIGHT AT THE CAMERA, and then ROLL HER EYES to cover up her stupid gaffe, which I wouldn't doubt she did on every take. blink.gif
Episodes I-III are hard enough to swallow, without spoiled brat daughters, acting like they just want to get the hell out of there, but need to be there as if to say "I'm George Lucas' baby girl, and you're not, and I can ruin his movies all I want, so there...I don't have to be professional, I don't have to be tactful, I don't have to do anything because I'm George Lucas' daughter!!!" tongue.gif

Boy, I'm trying so hard not to be hateful right now....and I'm usually such a nice guy. You notice to the left there is a rather large alien who looks very fat...presumably to make her look smaller? Grrrrr....hold me back.... devil.gif

GL and company go on at length about how they pay attention to all these miniscule details about everything...and yet you're going to tell me all these cinematographers and assistants and whoever the hell else didn't catch this most amateurish and idiotic gaffe?

I wonder what her character name is? I'll tell you what is should be...how about:

Ama Chure? or Badac Tor? or Nepo Tism? or Val Egurl or Bada Titood....

You guys got any names? They are welcome!

POODOO! yell.gif

Love,
Anakin's boy

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Anakin's boy @ Dec 6 2005, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ama Chure? or Badac Tor? or Nepo Tism? or Val Egurl or Bada Titood....

awsome...

what get's me is all the actors playing jedi. the guardians of the republic. ALL shot in the back with minimal effort. yes, "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the force" vader says, but it turns out that Han Solo was more right when he said; "ancient weapons and hockey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side" as backed up the order66 scene.
The only jedi to put a descent fight and save bail organa? George Lucas' son.

nice. dry.gif

#3 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:25 PM

You're kidding me, right barend?

Not only was it bad enough that about five Jedi tops (Yoda, Windu, Obi-wan, that kid you mention, and that guy with the tall head who got the chance to turn around) even put up the semblance of a fight, but it just had to be his son. I can understand wanting to put your children in your films, but why was it done like that. Ah, screw it, I almost don't care any more. The more I find out, the more I am reviled by something that I used to love.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#4 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:34 AM

I forgot all about that scene. Not to diminish the poignancy, I'm certain.

Anakin's boy: Howdy and welcome.

#5 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Dec 6 2005, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only jedi to put a descent fight and save bail organa? George Lucas' son.
nice. dry.gif

Well, it sure as heck couldn't be Lucas' daughter who's the Jedi who saves Bail Organa because of the sheer size of her. Then again, she'd be a better choice for blocking blaster shots with that broad back of hers. I wouldn't be surprised if in the Extended Universe she were to become the Space Slug that Han, Chewie, Leia, and Threepio unknowingly enter to evade the Imperial Fleet in ESB, or Jabba's partner to replace the Hutt he was with in TPM. Feedings have been good at the ole Skywalker Ranch......

And the scene where Lucas' blue baron character is chatting up his daughter's character takes us to territory I sure as heck don't want to venture here or a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away because its just sick.....

Thank You, I'll be here all week......

This post has been edited by Darth Player: 07 December 2005 - 01:25 AM

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:31 PM

the only posative things i said walking out of that movie was: "how awsome it must for that kid to be able to say that's me" and all my friends were in agreeance...

then i find out that...

nice to know that the best thing that could happen to most people happened to someone who's already pretty advantaged in the SW thing...

oh well...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size