• (2 Pages)
  • +

Three stinkin' new TV spots...

#16 User is offline   Nicholas_Skywalker Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:53 AM

lol that voice really sounded cheesy, it reminds me a lot of the star wars episode IV trailer "about a girl,a boy" thumbsup.gif wow that boga (lizard creature) really looked amazing! some of the best cgi work ive ever seen in a movie. The space battle is deffently going to be the best from all 6 movies, kevin smith said it was and all the footage we have seen suggests that it is.

#17 User is offline   darthsmash Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Apr 24 2005, 02:51 AM)
Can someone tell me this...

The film got a PG-13 rating.

Lucas has told parents not to take their kids because it might be too intense for them...

Then tell me WHY for the love pete, this morning during cartoons were they showing trailers for the film?

What a crock.

Undoubtedly the peole marketing the film are, natuarally, trying to get the most people to watch it they can. Including the kids who liked TPM or whatever.
The ads do suck though compared to the first round. They are trying to give it a kind of fun wacky feel "On May 19th the Jedi will unite to fae there greatest challenge! Come and see them get slaughtered and watch their fire burn out of the galaxy for two decades!"

#18 User is offline   darthsmash Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Apr 24 2005, 02:48 PM)
What I want to know is why did he gear Episode I so much to the little kids when he wasn't intending Episode III to be "kid friendly"? What was the point of making your target audience for Episode I little kids if you were going to exclude them from the 3rd installment? The man is mad... mad I say.

April 1997 - "The next movies are prequels. It's the story of Darth Vader. The First one is a pretty light movie. It's the introduction and everything goes downhill from there"

April 23, 1999 - (And the next episodes in the prequel series will be darker than Episode I?) "By their very nature. The next one isn't so bad. The third one's pretty bad." (That's when Anakin goes over to the dark side and becomes Darth Vader?) "Yes. Episode III will probably make half of whatever the others make..."

1999 - "I made Episode I as light hearted, and as happy go lucky as possible, because the next film will be darker, and the third film will not be happy by any stretch of the imagination."

May 2002 - "No. I wouldn't say this one (EP 2) is dark at all. It certainly deals with some more serious issues. But it's still an action movie with a love story at its center. The next one [EP3] will be the dark one. That one is going to be pretty bad and will probably make the least amount of money of all of the movies, because it will be so hard to market and hard for audiences to enjoy in a positive way. But I have to do it that way, because that's the story. But I'm actually really looking forward to it, because there is some intense emotional stuff in this one and it's going to be a lot of fun to make"

"He's madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of last year's Mr Madman competition"

#19 User is offline   darthsmash Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Nicholas_Skywalker @ Apr 28 2005, 06:53 PM)
lol that voice really sounded cheesy, it reminds me a lot of the star wars episode IV trailer "about a girl,a boy"  thumbsup.gif

That trailer is one of the funniest I have ever seen. While visual FX have made incredible strides in recent decades one of the biggest changes in film IMO has been the ability to make competent trailers. These days even a very bad film can have a decent trailer, usually by taking the best bits from the movie, misrepresenting the story a little. Sure they are usually pretty formulaic ("this summer..." starts off slow, begins cutting quicker and quicker until the end blah blah) but when you watch a movie from the 70s on DVD and it has the trailer on the special features they are usually incredibly pathetic no matter how good the film. Its like scenes from the movie spliced randomly together.

#20 User is offline   Nicholas_Skywalker Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (darthsmash @ Apr 28 2005, 07:18 AM)
That trailer is one of the funniest I have ever seen. While visual FX have made incredible strides in recent decades one of the biggest changes in film IMO has been the ability to make competent trailers. These days even a very bad film can have a decent trailer, usually by taking the best bits from the movie, misrepresenting the story a little. Sure they are usually pretty formulaic ("this summer..." starts off slow, begins cutting quicker and quicker until the end blah blah) but when you watch a movie from the 70s on DVD and it has the trailer on the special features they are usually incredibly pathetic no matter how good the film. Its like scenes from the movie spliced randomly together.

yeah, most movies usaully take all the decnet parts from the movie and put them together for the trailer, usaully only about a minute or two. I think its amazing though that there have been numerous tv spots and 2 trailers for rots and also numerous leaked footage and images and every bit amazies me! all exiting and new!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size