• Last »

Terry Shivo Just let her die!!!

#1 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Post icon  Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:05 PM

I'm sick of hearing about her on the news. Just let her die.

But seriously, I put this here for a more serious debate. Why do people care wether other poeple get hurt and die? Aside from religous people, who have somewhat of an excuse, people just shouldn't care if someone they don't even know dies. I don't. I mean, I don't have any malice towards strangers, even goodwill towards some, but if they die, I don't care! It's different for people you know, obiously. If a friend died, I would be sad. If John Doe dies, my daily scedule isn't exactly interrupted.

Thanks for listening.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#2 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Post icon  Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:07 PM

But the thing is that nobody (outside of terry's life) DOES care. This is all political and thats it. Thats why I find politics so facinating, the contridictions are endless such as:
You can buy a gun as long as you don't have a Serious criminal record (varies from state to state, thats why you head on to the south if your home laws a strict)
But You cannot stop feeding a lifeless body nutriant grewl mixed with water.

The republicans are making a big fuss when they forget that they are the party that is AGAINST governmental intervention of stuff exactly like this.

If you honestly don't want this girl to die than pick her up from florida and give her your spare room, attending to her every need 24 hours a day.

Sorry mate but if a shitload of doctors say your braindead and you don't get better by 15 years than it's time to go.

Lastly before this rant gets any more holes in it: If you don't want this shit to happen get your affairs in order, I know its not fun to say to your spouce/family/bestest friend "if I turn into a giant head of lettuse, please pull the plug on me" But it must be done to save your loved ones alot of greif and anguish.

(Note: Would care about spelling/gramaricle errors if my eyes wernt bleeding from sheer frustration over this topic)
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#3 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

Her family wants her alive. Why can't the courts give them what they want.
Obviously nobody gives two shits what you guys think. But thanks for pointing out that it will not affect your lives.

The husband has already found a new wife and has moved on, they are not asking him for anything.

If you honestly don't want this girl to die than pick her up from florida and give her your spare room, attending to her every need 24 hours a day.

Thats the thing, you can't do that. It's illegal to save her life. She has been ordered by the courts to die.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 29 March 2005 - 07:28 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#4 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:18 PM

Her husband is her legal guardian and since she didn't make any special arrangements he has the say in what is to happen to her.

For the first 7 years (give or take a few months) he took care of her and stayed by her bedside. That is commendable and shows that romance still exist. As legal guardian HE has to make the decision and he wanted closure.

Hell, even most of the family is getting tired of this tradgety being turned into political favor, and are giving up and accepting that the thing that made Terry, Terry just isn't there anymore.

PS:
Obviously nobody gives two shits what you guys think. But thanks for pointing out that it will not affect your lives.

Ahhh but there in lies the beuty of the internet, People post here to blow smoke (Hi Smokey) for no other reason to blow smoke. We are not here to have people give two, nor even one, shits to us. We are here to speak just to see our typed word read by a passing tosser or two. Remember while no one gives two poos to us, nor do they give their fecal matter to you . biggrin.gif

But then here is not the time to give a speach about the futility of the interweb.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:43 PM

Jordan- Lets not forget that your religion is in favor of killing people for:

being gay
killing someone
beastiality
wizardry

and thats just to name a few. The president who is championing Shiavo's cause has killed more people by execution than any governor in the US. He is a killer. He is not pro-life. The senate majority leader who is arguing to save Shiavo's "life" had his comatose father allowed to die.

And let's face it, keeping Terri "alive" is an abomination. She is a vegetable. Her soul is trapped inside a piece of dead meat. You! you want to spend fifteen years inside a T Bone and then tell me you DONT want the right to die? If I were Terri my last words would be "About time, fuckers!" These people have no compassion. They want Terri Schiavo to live to further their political goals. Who cares if she's living in a hell made of her own body. To them shes just a tool and I'm glad she's going to be taken from their hands soon.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#6 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:55 PM

You know what, I am going to do something very strange here, and defend Jordan.

Jordan- Lets not forget that your religion is in favor of killing people for:

being gay
killing someone
beastiality
wizardry

This is truly offensive and intolerant as well as rude, assumptive and nothing but a political smear campaign. Hofmarn, I am tired of you casting dispersions on anybody and everybody. You just went on a 2 day tirade against "intolerance" while defending a NAZI. Now you post this insulting shit against somebody's religion.

You spent two days accusing me of 'baiting." Here you are. You are a jackass.

I don't need to defend Jordan's religion or religious beliefs to call you on this. There is no debate here about his religion. This is a %100 pure case of hatred.(Your hatred for his religion) Eat it jack ass, eat it.

I request you cease and desist your unbearable arrogant intolerance at once.

I can't stand Jordan, and he can't stand me. However, he is NOT a fascist, nor is his religion. You pal, have clearly shown where you stand.

Her family wants her alive. Why can't the courts give them what they want.

The husband has already found a new wife and has moved on, they are not asking him for anything.

Thats the thing, you can't do that. It's illegal to save her life. She has been ordered by the courts to die.

I agree %100 percent. Because I do, not because I like you Jordan. However it was well said.

Hofmarn: He didn't bring up his religion. He didn't cite his religion. He didn't suggest anything about his religion YOU DID.

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 29 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#7 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:01 PM

I'm actually touched. My archnemsis has stood by my side. It's like a movie I've seen. I can't remember the name.

I was being colorful about the 'two shits' bit. The way I see it, if Terry's parents want her alive, no matter how stupid it may seem, then why can't they have that.

If it were I, I'd choose death in the matter. I would not want to live, but if the family wants to hang on to what bit of life left she has, then what the hell, why not?

I'm sure if this story was not pasted all over the stupid media, then the family would still fight. Step outside the world of politics for a moment and just see it how it is. A family wanting to keep their daughter alive.

I think I'm going to go write up a living will. But I do understand where you're coming from guys, I would want to die as well. But the thing is it's not our call or the governments. I don't see why the husband is so bent on seeing her die.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 29 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#8 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:07 PM

Don't get all gushy on me now, the truth is the truth. The simple fact is that Hofmarn is trying to turn this into a religious debate so he accuse anybody of what you suggested as being antigay, anti-this and anti-that, its predictable. But after the past two days, its disgusting. Its his usual Modus Operandi, and I am sick of it.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#9 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

Don't get all gushy on me now, the truth is the truth

Ya but still, it's touching.

For the record JM, I live in a very gay city, right near a very gay district. I serve gay's movies on friday nights. And you know what? Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. I've never once tried to kill, persuade, or even once taunt a gay person. I treat them with the same respect I give to any one.

#10 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

The movie you might be thinking of is THE ROCKETEER. Where the Mafia turns to help fight the Fascist, Timothy Dalton, and the NAZIS.

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 29 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#11 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

Jordan- I apologize for that. I was under the impression that like many people you're opposing Terri's right to die on religious grounds. (much like most euthenasia opponents) and I wanted to point out the hypocracy of that stance, since the people who are against ending the suffering of ill people are the same ones who are in favor of killing perfectly healthy criminals.

I'm rather surprised to see you opposing Terri's right to die on such a simple and plausible argument. I actually have to give you props for that. I do understand that her parents would want to keep her alive, but to me that just seems cruel. Let's not forget that somewhere inside that corpse there is a human being who can't get out and has been there for fifteen years. However I definately can see where you're coming from.

And yeah, the politicizing of it is a horrible thing. I've actually read about Terri Shiavo and I know that she'd hate the fact that she was the center of all this madness, not to mention that pictures of her body were being pasted on every wall available. I brought up the Christian thing because that's generally the way the argument divides, but I can see you have more sense than the president and his cronies. Good show.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#12 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:02 PM

I was under the impression that like many people you're opposing Terri's right to die on religious grounds. (much like most euthenasia opponents) and I wanted to point out the hypocracy of that stance

You didn't point out the hypocracy of that stance, you attacked his religion, claiming it is for killing and against a whole bunch of things. You did it for no other reason than that you are accustomed to doing so. You hate his religion, admit it, it has nothing to do with Terry Shiavo. You took this as an opportunity to lambaste his religion and thats the truth.
In other words, youre full of shit. The only hypocrite in this thread is you.

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 29 March 2005 - 10:15 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

But it IS in favor of killing. We already established that in a debate about the old testament. And many of the staunchest Christians in the country are in favor of capitol punishment. It's not as though I'm saying "All Christians are puppy rapists" here.

And no, I don't hate his religion or him. Stop trying to put words into peoples mouths to cause a conflict. Jordan and I can both be hot headed and make statements that can be offensive. The thing of it is we generally apologize afterwards and don't do it often.

Religion has popped up again and again in the Shiavo debate. The pope has weighed in on it. I was not wrong to bring htat up, merely presumptuous.

You hate his religion, admit it, it has nothing to do with Terry Shiavo.

Bloody fine! I admit it. I am a nazi storm trooper sent by George Lucas and the Dalai Lama to keep tabs on you. I report directly to Michael Jackson's head on a chicken who then sends along his information to Heinrick Himmler. You've found me out!

#14 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

Once again, your sophomoric nonsense referring constantly to some past threads doesn't hold up. Your response was to his post, he stated his reasons for his opinion and you immediately brought up "his" religion. You suggested that its all because "his" religion is against gays, and for killing and against "wizardry(?WTF)...this was brought out because of your single minded hatred for that religion and you brought it up for no other reason.

"But it IS in favor of killing. We already established that in a debate about the old testament."

Oh I am glad that your little debates on a message board "establish" for the world what a 2000 year old religion is for and against.

You are manipulative, and full of hatred, and intolerant. Three things you claim for your ideology to be all against. Once again, YOU are the hypocrite.
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#15 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

If I were this woman, I wouldn't want to be a vegetable for fifteen years. If my parents ever did that, as soon as I died, I'd haunt them for years out of spite. That they are doing this is awful beyond measure. She hasn't been a person, she's not going to recover, not only are you torturing any part of her is still in there, but you're expending an absurd amount of money as well.

Hannibal, stop yelling "Fascist!" every time someone says something you disagree with. Surely there are other insults to fling. I thought it fairly obvious that JM was pointing out the hypocracy of religion there.

Jordan - If you wouldn't want someone to do that to you, why would you allow for it to happen to someone else? Surely no one else thinks "If I become a vegetable with more spinal fluid than brain, I want to be kept alive anyway!" Except maybe Mr. Burns. Shouldn't we draw the line at some point if the people in charge keep the legally braindead alive for too long, if only for the mercy of the braindead?
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size