Chefelf.com Night Life: New version of RotJ leaked online - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

New version of RotJ leaked online Oh, God, it's worse than I thought...

#76 User is offline   Xombie Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:24 AM

Lucas had talent. I don't think he has it any more. Some creators are driven by the sheer love and joy and need to create. Some just use it as a means to become rich. The mega success of Star Wars was the worst thing that could have happened to Lucas creatively. He could have taken that money and done ANY thing he wanted. Made small personal films that never could have gotten funding. Or tried to prove himself by moving into new genres.

Instead he got fat and lazy. He grinds out Star Wars films because that's where the money is. Period. It's all he'll ever do for the rest of his life. And each one will be worse than the last.

The bold young filmmaker who made THX 1138 died the day the Star Wars box office hit 100 mil.

#77 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:58 AM

That's a good theory actually - one that I've entertained in my own mind occasionally... that his latest Star Wars efforts are just the culmination of years of laziness and a constant healthy income from some movies he finished making years ago.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size