Christmas Songs

#16 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Dec 23 2006, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And surely Christmas is just about getting pissed with friends/family?

Ahem, I believe I mentioned free shit and kinky office parties?
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#17 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

Yes, but we are students. Free stuff comes naturally. Hey Chyld, remember those chocolates and shortbread we got for free, all we had to do was eat 8 packets of crisps.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 23 December 2006 - 07:38 PM

#18 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:45 PM

Oh, don't I know about free shit... My phone, most of my shirts, TV, all my food, my ski trip, etc. are all payed by someone else. God I love living with family.

#19 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:44 PM

I like xmas songs. They bring the good times of my childhood back to me. They remind me the summer rain and the cold joyful weather it brings. They remind me vacations, travelling, giving and receiving gifts, the reunion of the family around a table...

*takes a deep breath*

Good old times the wind took away...

#20 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:56 AM

I've been living under a rock the past few weeks, what with finals and everything, so I wasn't really exposed to the christmas-music-playing-everywhere phenomenon that I usually see. I haven't minded much, though, as I recall in past years that it got on my nerves really fast, and it started earlier and earlier each year, and by the time it was actually christmas, I would be grouchy and sick of of the whole christmas-spirit thing. okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. maybe two weeks ago I played some christmas songs on the guitar with my friends. and I do quite like vince guaraldi's christmas album. but hearing trite variations on the same three or four christmas songs in every store and on every radio station got irritating after a while. but I suppose that speaks more to the irritatingness of radio stations that play the same three or four songs all the time more than anything else.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#21 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Dec 24 2006, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Chyld, remember those chocolates and shortbread we got for free, all we had to do was eat 8 packets of crisps.

In all fairness, I should have gone for the torch. And I mentioned about the guy that made me walk about a circular room on his computer for 20 minutes and gave me a fiver for it, right?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#22 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:50 AM

I really should get to Hull one of these days, it sounds like da place where teh party at, yo. *sorry*

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#23 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:41 PM

If by "party" you mean "chavs, piss, shit, and burnt cocoa-stink", then right you are hombre.

But the beers cheap.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#24 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:07 AM

Christmas, Christmas... The mere word is connected with presents, happiness, and crap like that. And do you know why, boys and girls? 'Cos it's an advertising BRAND.

That aside, free stuff for Christmas is great. But then you have to put up with sentimentalist family crap that I can't stand. And I don't put up with it, so I wear my "Grim Reaper" badge with pride. Don't get me wrong, I love my folks, but I despise how they try to fill me up with Christmas joy.

That taken into account, yes, Christmas songs are getting increasingly annoying with each year that passes. I'm striving with some other blokes to enact a law which states that it is legal to brutally murder carolers, even if they don't come and sing to you.

So, Happy Easter or what other crappy holiday was today, or yesterday, or tomorrow or whatever.

Sorry for raining on everyone's parade.

Hmmm... I should check my calendar more often...
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#25 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:54 AM

Aaah, will you please stop digging this hole? We're trying to pretend we're happy! dry.gif

#26 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:39 AM

The truth hurts.
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#27 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:46 AM

So does baby talk. Awwwwww.

#28 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:56 PM

blink.gif

My Last.FM profile.

#29 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Dec 26 2006, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aaah, will you please stop digging this hole? We're trying to pretend we're happy! dry.gif

Christmas is over. We can return to our Psycho selves.

This post has been edited by Nostaw: 26 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

#30 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

Yay!

Now, where'd I put those goat entrails? happy.gif

My Last.FM profile.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size