Chefelf.com Night Life: Anakin the slave? Or happy Kid? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Anakin the slave? Or happy Kid? What's the deal?

#16 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:04 PM

Right. Why did they bother to make him a kid?

"When I first met your father he was already an excellent pilot..."

It's like they knew that about Anakin but Lucas, for unknown reasons, had his heart set on Anakin being a little kid so they covered for that with the lame pod race crap.

Anakin should have been at least an older teenager (16-19) and he should have shown SOME signs that he had some bad in him rather than being the chubby-cheeked dimple faced little shit that said things like "YAHOO!! YIPPEE!!"
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#17 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:10 PM

I think they should have made him cocky. If you need to show the podrace, then instead of making him a kid who hasn't ever finished a race, make him a teen who always wins. Maybe show him almost taunting the other racers, teasing them, slowing down, and then doing an incredible maneuver and that leaves them in the dust. Then afterwards someone could say "good race" and he could be exp​ressionless and not respond. Then maybe he opens up more in his relationship with Obi-Wan and truly cares for him and then for Padme, but his dark feelings still come through. Then perhaps Obi-Wan makes some mistake in training him (after all he did admit he couldn't train anakin well) that leads to worse feelings for Anakin who instead utilizes his cockiness and eventually turns to the dark side. But not a pussy kid. I understand you want to make the character tragic, but still, not like that.

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 March 2004 - 01:21 AM

that would have been much more watchable...

however, obi-wans remarks are consistant.
seeing as everyone else in the whole damn series forgets the first timethey met each other, it stands to reason that obi-wan doen'st remember meeting anikan untill after the droid ship shennanigans!

#19 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:17 AM

If they HAD to do the pod race thing -- which I refuse to believe they had to other than for what is essentially just special effects masturbation -- they should have made Anakin a disgruntled, loner teen who silently uses the Force to win pod races and make himself a decent living.

Using the Force for the wrong reasons... it's right there Georgie! How hard would that have been?

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#20 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Mar 24 2004, 09:17 AM)
Using the Force for the wrong reasons... it's right there Georgie! How hard would that have been?

As hard as loner Georgie's disgruntled cock as he masturbated all over his pod race!

Cock, I say!

[Feel free to remove this message]
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#21 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 25 March 2004 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Mar 24 2004, 08:59 PM)
As hard as loner Georgie's disgruntled cock as he masturbated all over his pod race!

Cock, I say!

[Feel free to remove this message]

How can I remove it for its vulgarity when it's SO TRUE?!?!

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:59 PM

youv'e hit the cock on the head, there my friend!

#23 Guest_Newbie_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:05 PM

I did not mind Vader being a kid. Episode 1 should have been a prologue. Episode 2 should have been episode 1, and 2 to 3 and so forth.

This way it would have made more sense. this way we could have had 1 more movie in the series to help move the story

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:28 PM

no, it's too late start again, it's much easier!!!

#25 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:23 AM

I'd still like to hear Lucas apologise for these films. If he had the strength of character to be upfront and admit he made a mistake, then I would respect him again.

Although I'm getting tired of him trying to fight the critics and defend the prequels.

"You can't win, George. But there are alternatives to fighting." cool.gif

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 28 April 2004 - 02:02 AM

like suicide.
why not give that a try?

#27 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 28 April 2004 - 02:37 AM

As stupid as it sounds. George giveth, therefore he can taketh. It's his story, he can destroy it till his heart's content.

Sure it's sad for all of us to witness. Maybe in a way we are being greedy. I don't know.

I'm now convinced, after hanging in this forum for months on end, that George never was a good director, he was not even a good writer.

He had great ideas, and it was other people who helped bring them to life. He did not design one ship, he did not do the casting, he did not write the script in full himself (did not even finish it during production). The man had great ideas and friends. Thats about it.

He just stood there and said "good idea, use it" "bad idea, can we improve?" I don't know much about flim making, but I like to think that directors/writers have a vision. A vision that is undaunted by the special effects team, or any other faction working on the movie set.

It seems like George let people around him develop the Prequel. He probably got input from the sound engineers, extras, catering service, and his own kids.

If only he hired a talented screen writer, if only he sat down for a couple weeks and really thought over the story, things would be better. But the man did not know any better.

George is an "unconsious incompitent" This means that "he doesn't know, that he dosen't know". He does not realise that he sucks at what he does. Therefore, chance for improvement is almost nill. Nobody is going to down talk the man, I'm sure everyone on the set had great faith in him, even though many people may have saw room for improvement. But his name was plastered all over the OT, so he must have the capability to deliver, right?

But what the heck do I know.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 28 April 2004 - 04:44 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#28 Guest_Commoner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:39 PM

I'd still like to hear Lucas apologise for these films. If he had the strength of character to be upfront and admit he made a mistake, then I would respect him again.

How can Lucas own up to anything when he can't even write characters who own up to their mistakes. Obi-Wan's "from a certain point of view" is one of the biggest cop outs EVER!!

#29 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:07 AM

Very true. I kind of wonder what would happen if people used that excuse in the real world whenever they got caught out.

Can just imagine a guy in a relationship being caught with another woman...

"Well, uh, I know it doesn't look good. But from a certain point of view..."

Or maybe a kid who skipped school to play at a video arcade...

"You lied to me today. You said you were at school."

"But although I was at the arcade, I was still learning something - honing my skills at Street Fighter II. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

Maybe you could even have defendants using it in court. That would be a blast, wouldn't it? dry.gif

#30 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:19 AM

"From a certain point of view"

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size