Chefelf.com Night Life: Darkside- What? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Darkside- What? Honestly, what the hell is the darkside?

#16 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Oct 22 2004, 08:49 AM)
Great site, Helena. Maybe someone should invite this girl on over to the forum. She's got a lot of interesting stuff to say.

I get the feeling she's already here. Perhaps she is Helena? blink.gif

Nice site. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#17 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:39 AM

It can't be Helena. Helena always insists that she's a relative newcomer to Star Wars and this girl's been a fan of the old films since they first came out....

.... either that, or Helena's newcomer line is just a cover-up. wink.gif

#18 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:33 PM

Madam Corvax? Oh boy another mistery member, like Gutner once was. I thought Jon was one of the forum members just goofing off.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#19 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:09 PM

Maybe... I guess as she's the only other female regular on these forums that I can think of, that would be my second guess. Also, she's been a fan of Star Wars for a long time too.

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:59 PM

Well I know who she is. cool.gif

#21 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:21 AM

You're killing me, Despondent. Who is she?

#22 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:01 AM

I've got it now. I know who she is. smile.gif

EDIT - Clue.... she had a link to her website in her signature. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 26 October 2004 - 07:06 AM

#23 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:12 AM

It's not me. ph34r.gif

Jordan, regarding your points: both the 'possession' idea and the fact that only certain people are strong enough in the Force to be Jedi are established to a large extent in the OT:

'A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger... fear... aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.' - Yoda, ESB

'You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master.' - Vader, ROTJ

'The Force is strong with this one!' - Vader, ANH

'That boy is our last hope.'
'No. There is another.' - Yoda and Ben, ESB

'Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I--I don't understand and could never have.'
'You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it...I have it...and...my sister has it.' - Leia and Luke, ROTJ.

In addition, the idea that Anakin Skywalker turned from the man Obi-Wan describes him as into Vader without the influence of the Force just doesn't make sense. Yes, good and idealistic people can become cynical and corrupted and even cruel, but they don't turn into cold-blooded psychopaths who go around choking anyone who annnoys them and committing mass murder. Psychopaths do exist, but they almost invariably show these traits from early childhood - it's not something that develops later on in life, except in the case of brain-damage or something like that. Believe it or not, the idea that the Dark Side somehow 'possesses' people makes a lot more sense - not in real life, of course, but this isn't real life.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#24 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:54 AM

It's not me. 

No, it's not you. Neither is it Madam Corvax. It's not even Lefty. But I know who she is. cool.gif

As for the dark side debacle, I'm so confused now, I don't know what to think anymore... I feel as if we have analysed Star Wars so much, it's hard for me to just see these things as films anymore.

Instead, I see a freakin' miracle of hapless luck, and the right ingredients... Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back and an idiot who blew the whole thing into the farce it is today... George Lucas.

I see the tattered remains of my childhood memories and in amongst it all, I'm seeing a bit of red as well.

And right now, I'd really like to just sit down and watch the unaltered versions of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back again.

END INTERMISSION

As you were...

#25 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

It's me. smile.gif

I'm glad somebody is reading my rants. cool.gif

#26 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:10 PM

They're great. I read through some of the archives and there was a lot of good reading there. Nice site.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size