Chefelf.com Night Life: Tales of M. Chuzzlewit - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Tales of M. Chuzzlewit write your own, ya lazy bums!

#31 User is offline   Mad Rabbit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Movies, Reading, Drawing, Lots o' stuff.

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:32 AM

Oops forgot to add that was the end of part 3 at the bottom. Still got a few more chapters to go.

#32 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:39 AM

This continues to be great work, Mad Rabbit. We're all enjoying it...

and JM, this man is meeting all the criteria and more. Surely, we can give him some prize for his efforts! smile.gif

#33 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:40 AM

Rabbit- Your new voice is greatly welcomed here and I really do look forward to your every update on this story. I actually caught this one within about ten minutes. Excellent, excellent stuff. I can't even explain why I like this so much but I will look on anxiously for more. You have made a great many fans I'm sure.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#34 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:14 AM

Don't be so quick Movie Goer, you havn't posted a story yet, nor has Despondent and I'm still waiting on that erotic science fiction to manifest. And Slade's story is nearing its thousandth page if my estimations are correct. Plus the brothers Redcloud have not yet weighed in. This contest might be a while in the decision and I expect it to be as epic as one of history's greatest literary exchanges.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#35 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:33 AM

Hmmm... posting a story.... maybe soon. Starry Nights is taking up all my time at the moment. However, it is now almost completed in its entirety.

But erotic science fiction? What, Starry Nights isn't erotic enough for you?

#36 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:39 PM

I could link you to some real erotic science fiction if you want, the Anonymous Blonde and Jacques have both written some excellent examples.

#37 User is offline   Mad Rabbit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:34 AM

Thank you JYAMG and JM for your kind words, I hope that as the story progresses it will continue to capture your intrest. This has really been fun for me to write. I'm glad I've found these forums, you've made a newbie like me feel like part of gang. I can't wait to read JYAMG and Despondent's story submissions!

Well here's the next chapter...

Julie Colton Versus The Albino Gymnastic Death Brigade: Part 4

Julie had just finished cleaning the restroom when Anthony came up and told her he would be leaving. Anthony was complaining that he was feeling sick and that she would have to lock up for the night. "Fat Bastard. He may look horrible, but he sure doesn't look like he's ill." Julie thought to herself. Anthony bid her a half hearted good night before exiting.

"See ya'." she replied, not being able to bring herself to say "Hope you feel better." to her boss.

Julie turned to Martin with a grin on her face.

"Another classic example of do as I say and not as I do!"

Whenever Julie was ill herself, Anthony had always refused to let her go home. Instead he would give Julie some mundane chore to accomplish, stating the best way to feel better is to work the sickness out of your system. Julie was convinced Anthony was working his sickness out at the buffet line. It was all you can eat pasta night at Joe's Eat Til You Drop, after all. Julie decided not to get angry over the situation, Anthony wasn't there and she was quite happy with the fact.

"So what shall we do now that we're in charge, Martin?" she asked poking her finger through the cage.

Martin jumped up and down as if to say they should trash the place.

"I like that idea, but you know I would have to clean it up." she scolded Martin.

Martin stopped his jumping, tilting his head at Julie.

"Well I know you didn't think of that, but I still love you. Lord knows I've thought about destroying this store on more than one occasion."

The afternoon went by slowly, an odd customer would wander in for some granola or a vial of bobcat urine, (which was said to be great for the skin.) but without Anthony and his constant diversions, Julie's mind was free to ponder the events that occured earlier that day. Where did the ghostly man in the trenchcoat come from? Why did he think the world was coming to an end? Why was the end of the world going to be called Night of the bean? You would think that something as horrible as the end of the world warrented a name with a little more... Chutzpah. And why, in the name of all that's holy, were a notebook with weird little symbols written in the pages and pictures of a naked man the salvation? Julie was quite confuzzled by the entire situation.

She ran her fingers through her auburn hair, feeling the bump she had recieved when the sranger had thrown her to the floor. His babbling may have been ridiculous, his claims that the end of the world was coming may have been comical, but in his insanity he could have been capable of something more dangerous. Julie rubbed her wrist, it was still a sore from when the pale man had grabbed her. Julie suddenly felt very lucky to be alive. Her thoughts were interupted as a tall blonde man walked into the shop. Julie was thankful for the diversion, not wanting to dwell on what could of happened any longer.

The man's hair was slicked back and cut short in the back. He was dressed in a black three piece suit with a red tie under the collar of his blue shirt. His shoes were highly shined and he carried himself in a most confident manner. He was immaculate, with the exception that his hands and face were covered with makeup, giving him an almost plastic look.

"Good afternoon, how can I help you today?" Julie greeted.

"Good afternoon to you ma'am! I was wondering if an associate of mine may have left behind an item which belongs to me."

"I'm afraid not, all that was left behind today was a briefcase some nutjob forgot to take with him when he ran screaming out of here." Julie apoplogized.

"I think that briefcase may actually be mine then ma'am." Plasticman replied.

"Ummmm, when I said nutjob... I meant that in the most positive way possible, to your... associate." Julie said, her face turning red.

"No! No! That's quite all right, perhaps an explaination is in order." The man laughed. "My name is Jason Armstrong, DOCTOR Jason Armstrong to be exact. I run a small orginization called Harvey's Not Real. We try and help those who are mentally challenged lead normal everyday lives, as normal as they can lead anyways. That associate I was referring to is actually a patient of mine."

Julie felt relief at Jason's explanation, she hadn't stuck her foot in her mouth after all. So the attache case was the doctor's and not some secret to saving the world. She was glad she didn't mention the naked photos in Jason's attache case, the last thing she wanted to do was explain why she was rummaging through his personal effects.

"Dr. Armstrong? She asked. "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly was wrong with that man? He came in here and gave me quite a scare. When he grabbed me..."

He grabbed you? Are you all right? Did he hurt you at all?" Jason interupted her.

Julie paused replaying the scene in her head. "No, not really. I got tossed around a bit, but that was more from his trying to get away from whoever it was he thought was chasing him."

"Well I must apologize for that ma'am! It's entirely my fault." Jason said shaking his head. "The man suffers from delusional paranoia. However his therapy was coming along so well at the clinic, that I thought he might be ready to be reintroduced to the public. I should have known better. As soon as we walked out of the door of the clinic, he pushed me to the ground and grabbed my briefcase claming it held the secrets to stopping armageddon." Jason looked down to the floor putting his hand on his chin.

"You mean The night of the bean!" Julie laughed.

Doctor Armstrong did not laugh with her, instead he furrowied his brow examing her. Julie could feel his eyes burning a hole right through her, and was uncomfortable about his sudden change in attitude.

"Yessss... That's how he referred to it. The night of the bean. Now Miss... Miss?" Jason asked searching for a name.

"Colton... Ummm. Julie Colton." she offered hesitantly.

"Miss Colton, did my patient happen to mention anything else about the night of the bean? Anything at all?" The question flew from his lips in a prosicuting way.

Julie knew that Jason was really asking weather or not she knew about the naked photos which were kept in the attache case.

"No.. no he didn't."

"Good, that's very good." Jason dropped his gaze from Julie. "May I have my briefcase now please?"

Julie nodded, and went behind the service desk to retrieve Jason's attache case, she was glad to be rid of it and Jason's conversation, fearing that she may incriminate herself.

"Here you go Doctor." Julie said as she placed the briefcase on the countertop.

Jason grabbed the case by it's handle, he spoke to Julie a she examined his property.

"You'll be happy to hear, that we did manage to capture your delusional friend. And that no one hurt while he was loose."

"I'm AM glad to hear that." wishing that the Doctor would leave. "Do you think something like this will happen again?"

"I doubt it Miss Colton, We've made sure that the situation has been... taken care of." Jason said, as he turned his attention to the latches of the attache case.

"Well, everything turned out fine in the end. Hope to see you again soon!" She said hoping this would be the end of thir talk.

"One more thing before I leave." Jason said placing his case back onto the counter. "Did you happen to see the contents in this case?"

Julie winced at the question. If he liked men that was his business. To tried to spare herself and the doctor any embaressment.

"No, I haven't. Honestly Doctor. What kind of girl do you take me for. I don't go snooping around other people's property." she fibbed.

"Julie, Julie, Julie..." he said shaking his head. "You're a a horrible liar. I know you've seen what's in my briefcase! Your words may have tried to conceal the truth, but your eyes and body language give you away." Jason pulled out a pistol with a silencer from his suit's jacket, and pointed it at Julie.

Julie shot her hands in the air, not entirely sure why she had done so. Perhaps she was just used to seeing people do that sort of thing on televison when they had a gun pointed at them.

"Oh my god you're going to kill me because you're gay?" Julie asked, hands held high.

"No... I'm going to kill you because I can't afford to let you live after hearing about the night of the bean, regardless of how little you know about it." Jason put the gun barrel against Julie's temple.

"Such a shame, really you are such a lovely looking woman."

Julie shut her eys tightly, a steady stream of tears flowing down her face. She never thought it would end this way. She let out a whimper, and whispered "Please don't do this, I promise I won't tell anyone about this."

Jason shushed her and licked the tears rolling down her right cheekbone still holding the weapon to her head. Julie cringed at his touch, but was to frightened to attempt to escape.

"Now Now, don't beg, it's undignified. Fear not dear Julie, for it will all be over soon. I promise you won't feel a thing."

The last sound Julie heard was that of a pistol being fired.

End of part 4.

#38 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:46 AM

zounds! things are really heating up, how cruel of you to leave us with such a cliff hanger.

#39 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:44 AM

And what a cliff-hanger. Tension is building. My money's on Martin saving the day.

Good work again, Mad Rabbit! thumbsup.gif

#40 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:19 AM

I'm really enjoying this. Excellent writing. Have you planned it all out, or are you making in up on the fly, or a bit of both?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#41 User is offline   Mad Rabbit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:15 AM

Thanks folks, I'm glad you're enjoying the ride. sorry to leave you with a cliffhanger JM, but it seemed like the perfect place to stop.

As far as Martin saving the day JYAMG, it's a definitely a possibility.

It's a little bit of both SimeSublime, I'm trying to incorporate all the elements that JM said the story needed but I haven't thought the story out that far in advance. I have certain scenes and characters in my head, but for the most part this has been on the fly. Between work and going on with my day to day activities, The only time I've had to work on this has been when I sign onto the board. That's why you're seeing so many grammatical errors and why some sentences don't make much sense. (Thanks for not pointing those out by the way. smile.gif )

I have to admit I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew taking on this project, I'm not entirely sure how it's even going to end yet! But it's been so much fun for me so I'm going to finish it. Hope you stay tuned.

#42 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:22 AM

Oh, we will. Good luck with it, Mad Rabbit. smile.gif

#43 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 December 2004 - 04:23 AM

Actually, I hadn't noticed a large amount of errors. But seeing as you don't have a proffesional editor, I may just not look for them so overtly.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#44 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:26 PM

I've seen very few grammatical errors Rabbit, don't worry about them that stuff is for editors, not writers. You're an artiste!

#45 User is offline   Mad Rabbit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:12 AM

Here we go with...

Julie Colton Versus The Albino Gymnastic Death Brigade: Part 5

Julie stood with tears in her closed eyes, trembling with fear of her impending death.

"What is the night of the bean?' she thought to herself. "Im going to die never knowing what all this madness is all about."

Julie never thought much about her own death, but now with it so close at hand, she wondered why she wasn't more concerned with what lay in the afterlife. Her thoughts could not escape the pale stranger's cryptic messages of doom, the naked photos in the not so good doctor's briefcase and beans. Those goddamn beans. She would be thinking about how life might be better once her spirit left it's corporeal vessel if that crazy bastard would have just shut the hell up about "the goddamn night of the fucking bean". She was bound and determined to haunt his no good ass when she was a ghost.

Jason's gun fired and Julie still stood, even with the silencer on the weapon Julie's ears were ringing from being so close to the sound of the blast.

"This guy is a lousy shot. He could at least kill me without giving me a headache." she thought.

"What the... get away from me..." Jason said quite irritated.

Julie stood there eyes still closed, her face now one of bewilderment than of fear. She opened her eyes to see Jason flailing his arms wildly trying to swat a puffin who was pecking and flying about his head. Martin had managed to unhinge the latch on the door of his cage, propelling himself at Jason, causing him to miss as he batted at the seabird.

"How I love that bird!" Julie thought, as courage came flowing into her.

Jason fired two shots into the air, trying to hit Martin in flight, but the puffin was to agile. Martin's beak pecked ferociously at Jason's face, trying to add another person to his eyes pecked out list. Julie joined the melee grabbing the doctor's gunarm by the wrist with both her hands.

"Your bravery is quite commendable Julie." Jason grunted, trying to free his arm from Julie's grasp, swatting at Martin with his free hand. "But you are only prolonging the.... ARRRRGH!" Martin's beak cut Jason just above his left eye.

"Didn't you ever hear the saying, when you mess with the puffin, you get the beak?" Julie panted as she tried to contain Jason's weapon.

"How clever." Jason replied, as he brought his free fist crashing into Julie's jaw. Her body went crashing into the shelves, glass jars rained on her and shattered upon the ground as she fell. Julie shook her head, trying to clear her vision of the stars which now danced in front of her eyes. Her lip bloodied from Jason's blow.

"Enough of this foolishness!" Jason yelled as he set his gun on Martin and fired. The puffin tried to dodge but the doctor's aim was true. Martin's body dropped to the ground like a brick. Julie's eyes went wide with horror.

"What a nuisance." Jason said as he dusted the sleeve of his suit with his fingers.

"YOU BASTARD! HOW COULD YOU!?" Julie howled as she launched herself at Jason from the mixture of prune juice and broken glass she was laying in.

Her arms were outstretched and her fingers contorted so they resembled talons, searching for the doctor's neck. Jason easily dodged her attack as she was still punchdrunk, rage was driving Julie more than her need for survival. Julie turned to attack again but Jason was fast and struck her hard across the face with the back of his hand, knocking her into the service desk. Jason took a step back and trained his gun on Julie. Julie used the countertop to support herself, tears once again filling her eyes. She wasn't crying because of fear, she was crying because she proved herself to be so ineffectial against her opponent. She pounded the countertop in frustrastion.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? JUST SHOOT AND GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY!" Julie screamed.

"I must admit dear girl, you have proven to be harder to kill than some world leaders I've had the pleaure of disposing of. I haven't had this much fun in ages." Jason grinned as he took a hankerchief from his breast pocket and dabbed the blood from his forehead where Martin had wounded him.

"Alas, all good things must come to an end. And now Julie... sweet Julie, this is where we must say our goodbye. Adieu!"

Gunfire once again filled the store, only it wasn't the muffled sound of Json's silenced pistol but the loud report of a high powered revolver. Jason's gun went flying from his grip as if a ghost had stripped it from his hands. Both Julie and Jason turned their heads to the front door of Twings N' Leaves to see a masculine siloutted figure standing there, his gun trained on Jason.

"Don't you move mother fucker, don't even breath." The man said as he stepped from the shadow and into the light. He was dressed in a pastel green sports coat, with the sleeves rolled up. Under the jacket was a beige t shirt tucked neatly into his slacks which matched the jacket's color. HIs face was chisled, his chin jutting,is hair was light brown and poofed out and his face was covered in stubble.

"Who... who are you?" Julie asked relieved at the man's intervention.

"The name's Chaz Brunswick babe, and I'm your white fucking knight in some seriously badass armor."

"Ooooh Kaaaaay...." Julie said not sure her situation took a turn for the better.

End of Part 5.

A new character! The end of Martin? The more I write this... the more I realize this isn't going to end any time soon... yikes. Well I hope you enjoyed that chapter. Til next time me amigos!

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size