Chefelf.com Night Life: Iran accused of not making nukes - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Iran accused of not making nukes Bush SMASH

#31 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

Sorry I flew off the handle yesterday, Spoon. I saw your comment above after all, thanks. BTW, I was in Piedmont SC just last Sunday.

But I do get riled up when the media (and the generations who absorb) continue to trash the southern US as they do. It’s an easy target, justified or no. For example: on Hell’s Kitchen a few weeks ago, the guy who worked at Finn McCool’s (stupid name for a restaurant. Was “Duff McShark’s” taken already?) anyway, this guy said that he’d always been the (bleep) of the family.

I played it back. The (explitive) was the N-word. They show this (white) New Yorker openly throwing around the N-word like it’s just another synonym, (yet he’s masked and protected by a bleeping sound- I rather doubt many other viewers made the connection), and the media continues to purport that THE SOUTH is the only place racism exists?!

#32 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, I really hate that, too. My yank friends can tell me the worst stories of racism they have seen or experienced, and it seems to be more common there than here in actuality. Also, it seems that down here, there is more diversity - many of the places where I have traveled up north, I'll go for miles without seeing anyone who's not white (e.g. Boston - spent three days there doing the whole tourist thing and kept a running tally of the minorities I saw - got up to 4). So people say the north's not racist, but really, how are you going to tell when it's as segregated as it is?
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#33 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

It's atrocious that that white dude said the n-word. It's awful when black people perpetuate it, too. And I don't know any racist people, and there is diversity around the cities. Lots of low-income housing for minorities to fill due to the poverty cycle. whee. pinch.gif But yeah, Massachusetts: 90% rich, old, white people who are dicks, it seems.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#34 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:06 PM

Okay, see, that's what I mean! Segregation. The minorities all live in their place and the whites live in theirs.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#35 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

I have to admit it's impressive that our education system allows people to graduate without even knowing whether our allied governments are run by kings or presidents or dictators. I actually followed the Howard deal, just because I really don't like the mook. I remember Sime did an article on some counter terrorism poster of his a long time ago. Too Bushy for me, really. I guess you cant really blame people for not knowing too much about a country on the other side of the world, but last time I came back from Canada I had people asking me who the governor was and whether we got around by dog sled.

On the Alabama thing, cmon, it's the South. Every country has its silly regions. Go look at Scarygoround's archive for the word Wales. It might not be very nice, but thats just how it goes. I do have to agree that racism might be just as prevalent up north, and not just against blacks. That said...

ALABAMA MAN! He drinks beer bowls and beats his wife, Alabama maaaan! Alabama man now with new rebel flag pick up dream truck!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#36 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for that cleverly disguised insult, Jm. To make myself more clear, I knew that Australia is under Queen Elizabeth technically, and has a parliament - but as Australia is never in the news and I've had no reason or time to follow Australia's politics in the past year or so, there might have been possibility that something had happened with the government that I was unaware of. If you think that makes me stupid, fine. But I bet there's things out there you don't know, too! GASP!

#37 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Dec 8 2007, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that cleverly disguised insult, Jm. To make myself more clear, I knew that Australia is under Queen Elizabeth technically, and has a parliament - but as Australia is never in the news and I've had no reason or time to follow Australia's politics in the past year or so, there might have been possibility that something had happened with the government that I was unaware of. If you think that makes me stupid, fine. But I bet there's things out there you don't know, too! GASP!

When we invade Indonesia then everyone will know who we are. Newspaper read “Australia invades Indonesia!” first American says to second American “Oh no! Australia has invaded Indonesia!” second American says to first American “What the hell is Indonesia?” I don’t think Americans are stupid. I just think they don’t know anything about basic geography but don’t worry! I am sure many people in African countries also don’t know where Indonesia is. If it makes you feel any better, here in Australia we are not taught about other countries until year 9.

This post has been edited by Snake Logan: 08 December 2007 - 12:05 AM

Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#38 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

So, are you insulting my intelligence, too? Is this Insult Spoon's Intelligence Day?

#39 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Dec 8 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, are you insulting my intelligence, too? Is this Insult Spoon's Intelligence Day?

I am making fun of the fact that 1st world countries tend to have the same politically minded people as 3rd world countries. Almost everyone I have met is nothing but a materialistic dog that cares nothing about world events, that is why the world is in such travesty. Because people only care about what they are going to eat tomorrow, if they will pass their exams tomorrow, if they will have enough to pay the rent tomorrow. They never think about the day after the day after tomorrow!
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#40 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Dec 7 2007, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Alabama thing, cmon, it's the South.

Well, I hope J m will remember.

#41 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:34 AM

Spoon- Not about you, just a general comment. Like I said, it is technicly the other side of the earth and all. I actually went through the phase of thinking Australia was some orwellian horror when I first heard some Chumbawumba album, but then I read up on it a bit. I still have to wonder what those oddly named Tubthumpers were talking about. I think it was more just general political statements then stuff about the actual Australian government.

Despondent- Does your conscience bother you?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#42 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

Is everyone from Western North America a gambler?
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#43 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

J m: I sleep very soundly, thank you. I rest knowing that God has blessed me greatly. And you?

#44 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:33 PM

Snake- And a cowboy!

Despondent- I sleep the only way that is proper for a drug using hippie, passed out in a puddle of something with many anonymous partners.

#45 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:52 PM

Snake: Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! And I'm sure more people would think beyond their means if they were allowed to and capable of it. It also helps to actually care for the people outside my first set, of course.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size