Chefelf.com Night Life: Propaghanda! fasicsm! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Propaghanda! fasicsm! nothing to do with starwars or himmler..

#16 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:16 PM

Zacchaeus was an evil little man.

I can't honestly see that comic really 'recruiting' anyone. It surprises me that they seem to have genuinely expected it to.

The Viet Cong were mainly supported by the peasants because a) a fair few had family members in the VC somewhere, and b) there were nearly always VC somewhere nearby. And even if the peasants themselves weren't communists, it was a choice between siding with the Americans who look really freaky and foreign and scare the living hell out of you even when they aren't bombing or shooting you, or supporting the VC, who are at least Vietnamese and who probably know you by name, and will fucking know if you rat them out because someone else in the village will always notice your movements... probably local children, whom the Viet Cong appeal to with games and little patiotic songs.

And pretty much any atrocities the Viet Cong committed were also committed by Americans/Republicans. The difference was that the VC would tend to do it when they thought you'd fucked with them in some way, whereas the Americans would do it more or less indescriminately on their commie-hunting raids.

Goddamn fucking little stealth smilies.

This post has been edited by Rhubarb: 30 April 2005 - 12:17 PM

#17 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, that B) will get you into trouble.

Propaganda doesn't work well if you see it for what it is.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#18 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:09 AM

MacMullet- You're right! Let's hide a village and collect taxes on it. All that can possibly stop us is that meddling Phoenix operation.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:17 AM

By the way, I just noticed that in addition to always wearing suits or dresses, like every "good Amerikan" character in this comic has blue eyes... Sort of troubling. And blacks and latinos are strangely absent as well. I cant believe how much the movement changed the country. Clearly this comic was written by out of touch idiots.

Edit: The guy in the begining actually stops wearing a suit when he becomes a lumber jack. Personally I think this is an improvement.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 01 May 2005 - 01:21 AM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#20 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:56 PM

No, the guy who killed Trotsky was Spanish. And since he defeated one of the demons of godless communism, he must be praised! Minorities are good for something!*

*This statement has been rated a 50 on the 1-10 sacasm scale.

#21 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

How can you find those boots an improvement? I do like how he still greases his hair though. Just cos you're a lumberjack doesn't mean you can't look sexay.

I also got a few laughs out of this review of some Baptism vs Communism vid... the writeup is a bit weak, and seems more focussed on the bad cinematics than the actual content, but I do love this concluding bit...

Never at one point did the film give any realistic way to prevent the invasion of the Reds. There’s some mention about how if we behave ourselves, Jesus might take care of them for us

This post has been edited by Rhubarb: 01 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

#22 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:38 PM

Slade- Really? Where did you get the idea that the guy was Mexican? I thought they were rather subtle about it. Everyone who's anyone knows that the proper attire for killing communist leaders is a sombrero and a brightly colored poncho. Communists are color blind, you see.

Rhubarb- YOu're probably right, I think it would have been delightful if he'd stayed in the suit. Also, did you notice that all the communists pre-soviet era dressed like characters from Dickens?

That link was excellent, I love seanbaby's work. I read the one he did about fireworks several times.

#23 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:44 PM

If you say so. I'd much rather have watched the video myself. Although the number of things I'd rather do than watch that video can be counted on the fingers of a war veteran's right hand.

#24 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:16 PM

It looks like a bad horror film with some Christian nonsense tossed in to make it, ya know, not a bad horror film. I've also noticed that Christians seem to think that god will save them from communism. If that's true than why did the government have to go and spend billions on the cold war and why did Christians support that? Here are two less hypocritical scenarios.

Christian: Hold it there president Johnson, we don't need all that military hardware or foreign genocide, God is on our side!

Johnson: You're right, let's go pray.

or...

Billy: What can we do now, dad?

Father: Well son, we should have done our thinking and praying before this happened. But now that it's too late for that let's get medieval on their asses.

#25 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

I don't know, but I was sad when I finished reading it. All of those innocent people sent to labor camps, all of those silly farmers destroying their own crops. If only they had all been shown the light of God...

I was also empty because it didn't say what I could do besides pray. What if I was one of those heathen atheists, or agnostics, or some satanic pagan, but I also wanted to fight communism? What would I do then?

JM: I'll never look at a man in a sombrero the same way again.

#26 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

DEATH BY PICKAXE!

Also, in the third panel, I'm pretty certain that they're actually shooting those two guys for peeing in public.

#27 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:54 PM

Heccubus- That would be in keeping with what we know about communists.

Also, that statue seems to be of the all powerful Stalin's butt. Wonder what they were getting at.

#28 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:08 PM

"Gentlemen...BEHOLD!"

*confused stares*

#29 User is offline   Voodoo Dog Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:The Republic of Ireland AKA The Irish Free State The Emerald Isle Hibernia Eire Erin Eireann That Fucking Boghole

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

Anyone in the mood for some fundie propaganda? Then read on dear friends!

I've been looking through the fundamentalist sites for a while now. I thought they had lost the power to shock me. I was mistaken. Horribly, horribly mistaken. When I found this I thought it had to be a joke. But nope, I checked and its an official baptist church.

You know that brilliant old newpaper thing "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus"? Sweet little 8 year old Virginia O' Hanlon starts to have doubts about existence of the Santa and writes to the New York Sun hoping they will clear the issue up. Newspaper kindly says that Santa Claus does exist in such a beautiful way that both the lassie and the audience not only start to have faith in Santa Claus, but in humanity itself.

Imagine you're a fundie. You want to rewrite this article to bring people back to the church. How do you do it? Well, its a bit of a no brainer now aint it? Simply replace the phrase "Santa Claus" with the word "God" and you got yourself a nice little christian article right? Not only is it easy, but its fuckin' obvious right?

Wrong.

Heres the fundie article: Dial a Truth Ministeries: Yes Virginia, there is a hell.

Says it all don't it? Especially the last line. Read the last line thoroughly. I've never read anything else as offensive as that in all my days. Theres also a link to the original article here before those bastards perverted it. I suggest you read that first if you haven't already, just so you can appreciate the sheer hideousness of doing something like this to one of the best little sweet innocent things I've ever read.

While we're hovering on the subject, did you know that Santa Claus was a demon sent from hell to pervert the true meaning of christmas from celebrating the birth of christ? Its true! Dial a Truth says so and they wouldn't lie would they? No they wouldn't. They actually believe this shit. I'm not easily scared, but i'm terrified now.

Santa Claus: The great imposter.

WARNING: This stuff is so depressing you'll want to kill yourself.

#30 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

The only fundamentalist (I assume that's what you meant by "fundie") church I visit is LandOver Baptist. It serves all of your all work and no play etics, andyour violent hatred toward tolerance!

And that "Yes, Virginia" line makes me think of The Night Santa Went Crazy.
QUOTE (Wierd Al)
"And he picked up a flamethrower, and he barbecued Blitzen, and he took a big bite and said it tastes just like chicken!"

This post has been edited by Slade: 06 May 2005 - 03:07 PM

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size