Chefelf.com Night Life: Official KOTOR discussion thread - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Official KOTOR discussion thread For those who've played the game...

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:12 AM

I couldn't do anything evil on kashyyyk infront of the wookies...

too many childhood memories i guess...

#17 User is offline   Radu094 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Aug 23 2004, 05:16 PM)
I've only gotten to play the good  side and see  the ending where you save Bastila. Can anyone be so good as to describe the other endings (I'm so curious about the evil endings, lure of the dark side and all)

Well.. I'm sorry for the spoilers, but the dark side ending was bery, bery disapoiting:

The story splits (based on light / dark side) on the rooftop where you meet the converted-to-dark-side-Bastila. I guess you know what happens if you're light.
Well, turns out , if you are dark-side. You can convince her to join you.. and you kill Joilee (if you brought him in the temple that is).
You then return to the ship. Everybody on the ship finds out you decided to become Revan oncemore.. so you have a dialog-based choice of letting them run away or killing them (I did).
Then you go to the Star Forge.. kill everybodsy (Star Forge fucks up the republic fleet).. the end. Cut to the ending scene with you on a balcony (Bastila on you right side) and some silly Sith troups marching by..

I guess another possible ending is if you fail to convince Bastila.. then you kill her AND everybody else... same end-scene but no Bastila on your right side?

Didn't like the ending that much. Can't really put my finger on it.. but I feel there's just too much action going out arround this Sith deal. I used to know Vader was "Lord of the Sith" and that's it... never felt the need to know they are some extinct race....etc....now they've suddenly (in 2 episodes that is) become the Jedi's sworn enemies and all. Not my type of soda.
I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

#18 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:42 AM

The Light Side ending isn't all that great either - not compared to the rest of the game, at least. It's just a rip-off of the ending to the original Star Wars, really. Pity about that.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:07 AM

More Spoilers.

Have to add a bit more detail to the dark side split. If you join Bastila on the rooftop, you will have to fight Jolee(and Juhani if you didn't kill her on Dantoonie). When you come back down, Carth asks where the others are. Bastilla says that they refused to bow down to the new dark lord, and were killed. She then tells the others to choose. As you own HK-47 and TM-34, they don't care what you do. Canderous says he would follow Revan anywhere. Carth stands against you, and Mission backs him. Zalbaar wants to side with Mission, but is held by his oath. Mission tries to turn him. Carth runs like the coward he is and leaves her there. You tell Mission to join you or die. She says that you won't kill her. You can then proove her wrong, or get Zalbaar to do it(oh how I like tormenting the damn wookie). Whats left of your crew get on the ship and take off for the starforge.

Next time you take Zalbaar off the ship, his conscience will win him over and he will turn on you, so you kill him. Things play out as before, but instead of fighting Bastila you have to fight three powerful Dark Jedi who wish to be Malak's apprentice. After this fight, Bastila stays behind to use her battle meditation against the republic whilst you go and fight Malak. Final battle plays out the same as on the light side. Now, here's the fun bit. If you played a female character who had a romance with Carth, he had told you before that he would do anything to save you, or somesuch. To fulfill his promise, he rocks up after Malak's death to try and save you from yourself, and the annoying prat dies for it. To my knowlege, this is the only way that you can kill Carth. Final movie has your forces routing the Republic, and then your crappy coronation in front of an army of about 15 people.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:00 AM

Changing the subject slightly, am I the only one who thought Malak's big 'death speech' was a bit over-the-top, to say the least? "You... cannot... defeat me! (cough, splutter) I am... (cough) the Dark Lord... of the Sith!"
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:40 PM

that's why you should go evil...

(cough) ohh.... (cough, cough)well... I suppose I am your bitch after all... (cough) all hale...

#22 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:00 AM

I did rather like his lack of a bottom jaw though. Its neat to see the change he undergoes from the dream on Dantoonie to Dark Lord of the Sith.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#23 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, that bit where we see him without his 'artificial jaw' is actually quite scary...

#24 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:09 AM

Not to mention it actually explains the tinny ring to his voice. Its good when such things have a purpose.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size