Chefelf.com Night Life: Good parts in the prequels - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Good parts in the prequels There are some...

#31 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Mar 31 2004, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (Despondent @ Mar 31 2004, 10:37 AM)
Vader's breathing, closing credits TPM and that's about it.

Did that really happen? How did I miss that?

I'm sorry to repeat myself, Chef, but I've mentioned this before. It's right at the end, the very end of the credits when the Whatever theme song resolves with the Emporer's March (isn't that the name of the "Darth Vader" theme?) and the Lucas fine print rolls "if you had any problem with the theatrical presentation of this film, please call 1-800-lucas or something like that. I truly thought it was a nice touch, unlike the more obvious ones. Maybe it was only in the theaters and not on home versions.

btw, my local video store doesn't have any OT videos. have they been banned?

#32 User is offline   jxw Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Mar 30 2004, 10:51 AM)
There are really IMO only three scenes i enjoyed in Episdoe II

1. The opening assasination attempt on Amidala using those creatures.

It was something new for Star Wars, but so badly handled it doesn't count:

The scene is basically a direct rip-off of the tarantula in Dr No, except that it was done properly in the James Bond film. Tension - ha! Danger - ha! George Lucas craves not these things.

Presumably he the only reason why the droid didn't open fire was because it would have missed at point blank range, just like Greedo did (in the way it was always intended to be).

2. The scene were Anakin is chasing the changeling through the streets of Corsucant

I actually lump this in with the rest of the chase, so I agree that it is good. Lucas showed amazing restraint in only having real humans in the scene.

3. jango Fett vs. Obi-Wan on that waterworld planet

I think I can see now why you hate the final scene with the Star Destroyers and I like it. The problem with the Waterworld fight is that there is no really good reason for it. Lucas must have thought at some point, "Hey, it would be great if we had Obiwan fighting Jango Fett". So he just did it. It looks great, I agree, but most of the film looks great. It's just the plot, dialogue and acting that let it down, in that order. The scene is better than the Clone War (to pick an awful scene at random), but that's only because it's possible to follow what's happening.

I suppose the Star Destroyer scene is the same, just attractive wallpaper without purpose, but remember: a Star Destroyer trumps Slave 1 anytime.

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:24 PM

they should have done a previews for TPM with 'disarm' by smashing pumpkins.
imagin looking at little annikan with billy corgans' whinny voice singing "I used to be a little boy" laugh.gif

#34 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:22 PM

I enjoyed the part in AOTC where Anakin went ape shit and started killing the Tusken Raiders.

Not the whole scene, the mother part was kinda lame, cause I could tell she had make up on in between the fake wounds. But the final clip in the scene where Anaking winds up and strikes a raider with a powerful blow. He looks evil, and it was kind of 'out of place' for a starwars movie.

We usually don't see that stuff, save that one time where obi wan cuts off that vagrant's hand. I wish that scene showed more of him going nuts, that way we could have acutally left the movie's thinking

"hey this guy can fight, and not to mention, he's a fucking lunatic"
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#35 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 12 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

Just wanted to bring this thread back, someone already started a new one, which is ok cause doctor x knocked off 10 or so topics with his million reasons list.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size