• +
  • « First
  • Last »

Tarot Readings Ask for yours, today!

#61 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:44 PM

I can't see a reason why Icey can't attempt this online, No-one proclaimed him a prophet just yet, the general theme of the thread so far has been light hearted and somewhat educational.

Obviously there's a problem with the distance involved, lack of direct communication, and the lack of card symbolism, but 'techno-paganism' has been done before, with mixed results. Tarot can be read for people via a focus, and I'm sure Icey is thinking of our past and present posts before he deals the cards. If anything I'd say that Icey's use of 3 cards to give a general reading is positive, since it allows more leyway into our own interpretations without drowning us in 100 lines of inconnected text.

I doubt anyone here will live their lives by the cards, but often a reading can open up your mind to new avenues of thinking in a given scenario. Another opinion, regardless of where it's from, is always advantageous.

Good luck on creating a Tarot deck though.

Incidently, the Magic 8 ball says 'prospects good'
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#62 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Rhubarb @ May 7 2005, 11:11 AM)

Uh, you're excused? biggrin.gif

And who are you trying to tell off, if anyone?
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#63 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

I'd also like to point out that my horoscope was horribly wrong yesterday, or I have a knack of accidentally doing the exact opposite of what is forseen. However, there were omlettes, so it wasn't a total bust. But don't believe that the the relative positions of the planets and the stars may have some special deep signifigance or meaning that applies to only you.

Iceman - And if you have time and feel like it, how should I manage my time this weekend, according to the cards? I've been working for 3 hours, legitimately working, not slacking off, and I feel like I have nothing to show for it yet.

Speaking of which, don't final projects suck? And if I'm a pest, stab me in the kidneys and I'll stop.

This post has been edited by Slade: 07 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

#64 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:20 PM

I hear what you're saying Rhubarb and I know that's all more or less true, but I'm just doing this as a part of my learning and for fun for all. I do realise that in many cases the cards will be somewhere in the skies and in some cases they might shoot true to home (as in Chyld's case). But I do hope that no one will take this as Gospel and go shut out everyone around them because out there is a bloke that means to kill them while he/she talks about chess.

When the pentacles pop up I know it doesn't only relate to finances even though the book I have says so, it's also connected to the family, I think. The have to be given your first deck is outdated, I think or just old wife's tales or whatever that term is. Nowadays there is a plethora of decks out there, each with a different personality that might or does change how a reading goes. Getting the two of Coins using the Ancient Egypt card when asking about a person, would very likely indicate that others see him/her as a product or an item to barter with. I don't have illustrated pip cards (just X many wands cups whatever), but I intend to get some, sooner or later.

I am also making my own deck, a process that I'm also learning a lot from, dedicating a lot of time studying each card, how it's been done by others, what various sources have to say about it and what vibes it gives me, before I begin work on them. Once and if I finish my deck, I can imagine that my focus and understanding of the cards will come nearer untied usability.

#65 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, I just check out the stuff for fun.

#66 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:31 PM

Well, I walk into such things as seeing the future with a bag of salt pinches, but when I get Icey making an observation like that, I can but open my mind somewhat.

Well, on that note, I'm somewhat concerned about my employment possibilites, now my hair is a Jaggeresque hive of sin, and the piercing, so can you look into that for me pretty please?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#67 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:32 PM

Slade: I'll try my best your Holiness!

Queen of Wands Rev
Seven of Wands Rev
Strenght (First time I've even seen that card, even though I've gone through it dozens of times!)

Too much responsibilities and promises that will be broken up the wazoo! This creates insecurity and maybe even nostalgia for the times when things were simpler... And homework was but a minor pest.
*Giggles* The Sevens deal with frustration that no matter how much you've worked, still there are no visible fruits! The hours that have gone have been for naught and maybe it's time to try to push things from a different angle...
Maybe doing things slowly while doing other things, listening to a musical, a play on the radio, while watching TV or chatting to friends. Maybe the lack of slack is what hinders fruits to pop up from this hood. Or maybe a struggle from within has been pushing you into two directions at the same time so you're not getting anywhere.

Hope that helped Sladicus.

#68 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:33 PM

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but I'm not going to trust it very far either without some decent evidence. Gotta maintain a healthy dose of open-minded skepticism.

But I'm not getting much done, so I might go get a milk-shake and play the piano for a while...

And thanks, Icey. you see what I mean about the universe picking on me now? :-P

Edit: Chyldio- I also love that double standard with employment, that people still discriminate all of the time against others for how they look, even though everybody claims to be equal opportunity employers.

Now, some things I can see. If you come in with crack on your nose or smelling of booze or something like that, it makes sense. But long hair and piercings? Haven't we gotten past the time when employers hung "Hippys need not apply" signs up?

Everywhere a sign...

This post has been edited by Slade: 07 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

#69 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:43 PM

(Thunder)Chyld:

Seven of Pentacles
Nine of Cups Rev
Nine of Pentacles

A continued pursuit is required if you want to get a job, but it will indeed pay off in the end, in spades. The seeds of work will grow into a pretty...
Big ego that will make friends avoid you like the plague. Beware of vanity if you want to hold onto your friends, or maybe it's time to let them go to let your own sun shine and get...
Away from bitching and finally smelling that big fat paycheck that you have worked so hard to earn. Don't worry, the deserters will flock back to you so you'll get to choose wether or not to hold onto them.

That was actually a very fun read to do... The cards flowed very well together and make sense considering your question. Will use this method more often.

#70 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:33 PM

Just for kicks: The Tarot Plot Advisor!

A spread that looks pretty much like this:

---1---
--2-3--
-4-5-6-
--7-8--
---9---

1: the narrator: Five of Swords
2: the outer persona of the main character: King of Cups Rev
3: the inner persona of the main character: Eight of Pents Rev
4: beginning of the story: Page of Cups Rev
5: middle of the story: Two of Pentacles
6: end of the story: Four of Pentacles Rev
7: the outer persona of the antagonist: King of Pentacles Rev
8: the inner persona of the antagonist: Three of Pents Rev
9: the major theme of the story: Nine of Pents

The story should be told in such a way that it's clear that the battle that is fought is a hopeless one. No good can come from this fight.
The main character, is obviously very insecure about himself. He is unable to deal with things like a functional human being so instead he tries to get past them in somewhat creepy ways. But on the inside he is obsessed, so obsessed he has lost track of that which he obsesses over and is enslaved by this desire after the desire is long gone.

Our tale beings with his childishness, and how he avoids facing up to normal communications as a result of this. That leads to him taking things to a creepy level where he can achieve some kind of happiness while avoiding communication, he finds a way to get closer to people or a specific person... Unbeknownst to them. This ultimately leads to him realising that the path he is on will never bring him what he truly craves, a normal relationship with another human being. He finally comes in terms with his inability to function in this society.

Our antagonist can be descriped as a person driven entirely by the material, it is a corrupter. The person that leads our main character on the path of destruction. Yet this person has the same effect on itself. Avoiding responsibilities and emptiness of life, he/she parties hards and plays his/her live into what might be an early grave.

The theme itself is that one reaps what he sows. That by avoiding the problems won't make them go away and the bills, phantoms and worries only pile up untill you're in so deep that there is no way out.

That actually made sense. ZING!

#71 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:35 PM

crying.gif You skipped my request......

Admittedly it would have been too late, but it would have been nice to see how it lined up with this evenings events. General reading on the subject of Love life if you have the time please Icey, then I'll stop badgering you.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#72 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:53 PM

Sorry Laughlyn, I checked the time and decided against doing so because... You were well into your date when I came home... Sorry sad.gif Was out on free comic book day.

Love life!
King of Swords
Nine of Pentacles Rev
Judgement Rev

You are a quick witted and adaptive person that has the main flaw of overseeing the details and feel like you lack purpose...
Which is why you should pay attention to possible lovers, they might be after things that aren't you but more after what you have to offer. If given the chance they will...
Blatantly lie to your face and cause you to treat your friends unjustly blackening your conscience and causing severance.

And all of you, don't even dare to stop badgering me, I need your requests gob dangit!

This post has been edited by Icey: 07 May 2005 - 06:54 PM

#73 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:01 PM

Then I'll badger you! Big ole' party tonight: What's going to happen if I go?

#74 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

Weee! Badgering!!!

OK, big time party spread: Thoughts, Strong Bad partying with you. Results:

Everything reversed!!!
The High Priestess
Five of Wands
The Moon

You should take your time to think things over and beware bad advise, like tarot reading over the internet, or you might end up...
In way over your head having no control over anything! The lies are obvious and now you really do know how stupid you were following that Tarot reading. Now there's only one thing left to do...
Instead of looking for something that will benefit you, you'll crash the sofa and just wait for this disaster to finally end. You'll curse the cards for playing with your mind and will be vary of them in the future.

Hah, fun... All the cards dealt with deception. So expect lies Slade EXPECT LIES!!!

Maybe there is no party...

#75 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:18 PM

"Strong Bad partying with you" -Does that mean I should be wearing my beanie? I was thinking of wearing the fedora tonight.

And I know not to trust the cards, but it's fun to think about. I take all of this stuff with a grain of salt, like I said.

What's with all the gloom and doom all of a sudden though, really? I think I'm going to assume that the cards are decieving me. HA!

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size