Chefelf.com Night Life: Gen. Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Gen. Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars...

#31 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, but as it has been said, no-one said "The Tank and Machine Gun, along with grenade, pistol, and cumulating in a nuclear bomb war has begun!"
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#32 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jan 25 2006, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Tank and Machine Gun War.

and whatever else they used.

#33 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:53 PM

Right... I was just trying to make it more cumbersome to say.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#34 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Jan 25 2006, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right... I was just trying to make it more cumbersome to say.

Thank you

#35 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:24 PM

Maybe there was another clone war, in the previous 999 generations or to come in the near future. rolleyes.gif I'm guessing that although Yoda's comment effectively made sense (although not canon) it was used because it sounded better than a plurality.

#36 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:20 PM

Yoda was just high at the time smile.gif
OH NO!!!

#37 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Jan 25 2006, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yoda didnt calll it The Clone WARs. he said "begun this clone war has", simply stating that a war had started that had clones in it. its sad that i have to break that down so far.

He said "Begun THE Clone War has." Important distinction! As if he somehow magically knew the title that it would later be called a few decades in the future after the war (which had just begun) was long over. And yet he got it WRONG by calling it singular rather than plural. I can see why this annoyed a few fans.

Oh well, I guess Yoda was just really good at spotting trends.

Historian #1: Well, that about does it. What shall we call this massive conflict between the Seperatists and the Republic?

Historian #2: Well, just before he disappeared, Jedi Master Yoda said something about a Clone War or som---

Historian #1: (cutting him off) That's brilliant! "THE CLONE WARS" it is!

#38 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:40 AM

sad.gif Iremember when I used to like Yoda crying.gif

Damn You Lucas yell.gif

#39 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:21 PM

why 'clone' war?

there were just as many droids...

and why name the war after the troops fighting on your side?
wouldn't you call it the federation war?

the only reason i ever thought it was called the clone wars was because they were fighting clones...
and better still, timothy zahns suggestion that the clones were of existing jedi.

#40 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:39 PM

It would have made more sense (in light of the prequel movies) to call it "the Galactic Civil War" but since in the EU this has already been chosen as the name for the "war" fought between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire, they had to use something else. ;P

Yoda's calling it the "Clone War" might make sense if he was giving it this name at the end, after the Clones had turned against the Jedi. Because they WERE fighting clones at that point. The Clones could be seen as the catalyst for the war and the instrument that turned the Republic into the Empire, at least from a (gasp) certain point of view.

But it makes little sense for Yoda to come up with this name a few hours or even days after Geonosis. And then this is the name that Luke knows decades later.

#41 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:42 PM

Yoda's line was a misnomer. Originally, the heart of the line was:

"Ugh. Begone this clone war, ASS!"

#42 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:18 PM

Why do you people hate Star Wars so much? Is it jealousy? Is it because you wished you would have beaten Lucas to the punch at creating the Star Wars universe? When the hologram of Leia says, "General Kenobi, you served my father during the clone wars", she means it. Who did the Jedi serve in general? The Republic. Yes, Bail Organa was the king or royal equivalent of Alderaan and his wife was Queen Brehu. Remember, in the SW universe, kings and queens can oftentimes be voted in or elected to serve a limited term. Take Amidala for instance. I digress from my point. General Kenobi did serve Bail during the clone wars. Bail Organa was part of the Loyalist Committee, a group of Senators who are completely loyal to the Supreme Chancellor's regime. The Chancellor gives orders and it is discussed by the Senate. After talks between the Chancellor and the Senate, they mutually decide what is best for the Republic and take action. Does anyone here actually know how politics work in a democracy?!? For the love of all things holy, Kenobi served the Republic and in doing so, served "Senator" Bail Organa as well. It's not in a metaphorical sense, Leia is being literal. Kenobi did serve Bail Organa as a General in the Clone Wars. So did Anakin. So did Yoda. So did Mace Windu. So did every other Jedi who led an elite squadron of clone troopers. They all served Bail, who is a Senatorial representative of the Republic for which it stands. Come on, people, wake up! The Republic is treated as the sole leadership of the entire galaxy (with exceptions to some Outer Rim territories and Hutt Space) and it is also treated as one person, although it is a collaboration of many people and their ideas and work efforts.

#43 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

Too bad it's become contaminated.

#44 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:27 AM

[Major edit and deletion]

Ah shit, I had a lot to say, but... it's not worth it anymore...

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 25 February 2006 - 12:34 AM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#45 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:44 AM

Iremember when I used to like Yoda

Yah, in the originals he was like a pranksta
OH NO!!!

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply