• (2 Pages)
  • +

XIII EGM was a little off the mark...

#16 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:44 PM

i have XIII for gamecube. im too busy playing need for speed underground. but what i have played of it, it's really good.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#17 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:20 PM

I got Red Faction the other day. So far so good. The controls are actually very well laid out, and it moves nice and smoothly as a result. Definitely a great early PS2 title.

#18 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:58 PM

got addicted to Xlll for three days. i beat it. and..........it is really cool. i was expecting the conspiracy to be more mysterious and complex, but for a first person shooter it was more than good enough. it was one of the best shooters i have ever played.
favorite moment in the ENTIRE game: shooting the divers with harpoon guns. theres something strangely satisfying about shooting people with harpoons. especially since it sounds like a mosquito or a small toot.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#19 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:48 AM

Yeah. That part freaked me out because I totally wasn't expecting it. They just came out of nowhere.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#20 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:19 PM

man i still hafta rent that game, everytime i goto blockbuster its out :angry:

#21 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 22 January 2004 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (mrtimp @ Jan 21 2004, 08:19 PM)
man i still hafta rent that game, everytime i goto blockbuster its out :angry:

Blockbuster sucks. Get Gamefly or buy the game. I'm surprised that Blockbuster even has it. You could check Hollywood. They have a better selection and availability.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#22 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:18 AM

yeh blockbuster does suck, i will end up buying it eventually, heck with the gas money i ambruning with trips to the vid store i could afford it tongue.gif

#23 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (srmoore @ Jan 1 2004, 06:14 PM)
What is interesting is that EGM rateings.. (They rate out of 100% right?  or is that another one?)  are directly related to the revenue generated by a game. (At one point Jacques and I were investigating game revenue streams, etc...)

You must be thinking of another magazine. EGM is most often fair, and rates from 0-10 (although no game has gotten a perfect 0 yet. The reason high grossing games get good reviews is mostly because they are good. People buy them more if they are good games. My point proved: The average score for Enter the Matrix (Which sadly made an absurd amount of money based off of fanbois and hype) was 5. Although, that is generous for that piece of crap. A high grossing game getting a bad review because it sucked so much wanker my eyes hurt. Although I did have a dream about playing it a year before I played it. (I was seeing a scene from the game in my dream, but it wasn't explained what was happening, so the image made no sense at the time. Useless, wierd, and true? Yep.)

The way I saw it, XIII got lower scores because the AI became nigh impossible at the end (like Golden Eye's classic guys hitting you through ceilings in the silo level.) But since you guys seem to like it, I'll check it out.

Timesplitters 2 - OVER RATED. The overall story made roughly no sense (there wasn't even mention of it in the manual), the graphics were blah, and the ending was a real downer. Oh, and there were only 3 voice actors for the whole thing, and the level creator was very limited. It had the potential to kick ass though. You get to go from a 1930's detective fighting the mob to an african american cowboy who has to clean up a whole town of thugs. I just don't know how or why you go there...

Halo - Over rated. Sure, it was a spiffy game, lots of fun, but an FPS needs more than 7 guns. Although most of the time, one only finds 4. (Machine gun, pistol, alien pistol, alien rifle.) Everybody gave it a 10, I say 9.

That is all.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#24 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

I just have to report that I got my first taste of XIII tonight, only played like a level but I am impressed with the graphical style and gameplay if the rest of the game is like this I will be happy happy to have rented it =)

#25 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:41 AM

It's really great. Amazing soundtrack as well.

#26 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:54 PM

yeh surprisingly good soundtrack, i wish more games were like this one, we need more games with style.

#27 User is offline   Satanis Icon

• New Cop

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:09 PM

X-III has got to be one of the greatest shooters i have ever played.it was betteer than Galaga.I still have yet to beat it (i was on the U.S.S. Patroit level) and the plot was already to complicated for my tiny memory.(and dont the 'clan' members look like the KKK?) i would give it 11/10

#28 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:18 AM

Time Splitters 2 was not overrated. Sure, the single player was pretty rubbish, but it had an awesom multiplayer. I hardly ever play multiplayer games, but for this I make an exception.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#29 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:05 PM

Oh yeah. THIS thread! wink.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought XIII was better than it gets credit for. I just thought it played well and had a great story. Worthy of an 8/10 at least. Not 6/10.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size