Chefelf.com Night Life: Knights Of The Old Republic - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Knights Of The Old Republic Barend finnally gets in there...

#16 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Jun 11 2004, 02:43 PM)
Sorry. A tip: try equipping Bastila with a Dark Jedi robe and then unequipping it again...

That was a nice little surprise when I did it accidentally. rolleyes.gif

Bastilla is a great character. This game is loaded with great characters, that's part of what makes it so enjoyable. Bastilla was one of my favorite Star Wars characters ever.

Carth is kinda cool but after a few hours of playing Taris I just kinda felt like he was my girlfriend or something. "Carth seems distant." "Carth seems like something's bothering him." Then you have to keep taling to him: "What's wrong, honey? Is something the matter?" The story he gives you is definitely crucial to the plot and it expands his character quite a bit, but I just wish he wouldn't be such a bitch. He looks the part of the tough guy rogue but he acts like a little girl for most of the game.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#17 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:53 PM

I thought Carth was rather sweet, but I did get very tired of his constant paranoia after a while. "Sheesh... I AM NOT GOING TO BETRAY YOU CARTH!" Bastila is a great character, I agree, and the romance sub-plot with her is much better than the one with Carth.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:08 PM

game: [carth looks distant, like he obviously wants to talk]

me: yo, Carth! what up?

Carth: what do you want?

me: er... okay, you seem distant... what is wrong?

Carth: i don't want to talk about it. okay?

me: no, really... what the fuck, buck?

Carth:well.. it's just... you wouldn't understand.

me: what? well... you can trust me...

Carth: NO!! that's just it!!! I DON'T TRUST YOU!!! I, I , I'm sorry, I didn't meen to snap... it's just... I have trust isssues....

me: alright then, well that's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back... Let's go save Bastilla then while we -

Carth: it's just that back when i was fighting the Mandelorians, someone i trusted betrayed me, and turned to thje dark side without warning, even though his name rimed wth malice and he wore big black robes, and always talked about taking over the world, and .... etc. etc.

me: dude, I just got back form saving Ba - .... are you still talking...

-----------------------------------------------------------
yeah, I think Carth was programed by an ex-girlfriend of mine.
he talks like a soap opera guy, and has 'issues' and hair that dangles infront of his face, he was definatley made for the ladys...

+I've been hanging out to find some Dark Jedi robes...
hope that's not to far away...

#19 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

That is EXACTLY what every conversation with Carth is like. laugh.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:45 PM

HE's worse than the old dude who sounds like Sean Connery in Diablo 2.
ahhh, the losht harodric cuuuube! My, that ish a fashinating shtory...

#21 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:57 PM

And you know what, its almost impossible to get rid of him. He kept bitching, so I told him to get lost, but he'd always stay. I told him at least five times if he doesnt trust me he doesnt need to hang out with me, but he kept following me around. Of course, it is possible to kill him...
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#22 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:22 AM

What is this game about? You seem to talk about it in great depth, just give me the skinny of it. So far I gather that there is customization of characters, which is always addicting and therefore a good thing.

I wish you guys would play blizzard games, I feel so alone.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 12 June 2004 - 03:24 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#23 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:26 AM

It's an RPG, so, in Blizzard terms, thats Diablo, but good. Its set in the Star Wars universe 2,000(or 20,000, I forget)years before the rise of the Empire(hence the 'old' republic). Basically, the republic just managed to beat back the invading Mandalorians with the help of the Jedi Reven, but when the victors returned from the fringe worlds, they came back as conquorers and Reven was declared Dark Lord of the Sith. So, two and a half years later, the republic are slowly losing, but as a last ditch effort manage to get a jedi strike team in to assasinate Reven. Although this takes out the leader, Reven's apprentice Darth Malak has taken over. So, you start off as some custom soldier/scout/scoundrel, who is tasked with protecting Bastila, one of the Jedi who assasinated Darth Reven. But thats only the begining of the game.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:14 AM

it's pretty sweet, but it wont run on your computer unless you spend like $1000 on upgrades... it might be cheeper to just go out and buy an XBOX.

#25 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

Just tried the thing with Bastilla and the dark jedi robes, and I have to say, the light underwear is much better.

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Jun 11 2004, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (barend @ Jun 11 2004, 02:14 PM)
I enjoy the fact that the Jedi councel were willing to train someone called Darth Ichor...

plus ignoring all the evil shit i did... just like in the movies...

Muahahaha. Just you wait...

I see... that's quite a twist... for once i did not see that comming until it went all USUAL SUSPECTS on my ass...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just tried the thing with Bastilla and the dark jedi robes, and I have to say, the light underwear is much better

yeah, but it's worth a gander...

In my party (and I asume you all did this), all Jedi are in Dark Jedi Knight Robes, except mine are dark Jedi Master clothes... It's a sexay partay!!!

Sith school was fun.... Let's say the light/dark scale is out of 10.

0 is neutral, +10 is top of good, -10 is ultimate evil

by the time I arived on Kashyyyk, and had been up and down but overall slowly moving down... I was on say -6.5

by the time i finished on Kashyyyk i was on +7
(it's too nice a place to be nasty to)

after an hour on the Sith planet... -7
(too many oportunities to screw people over... he, he, he, je)

Jumanji made one remark before i sent her back to the ship...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was fun taking Bastila out back for a quick snog, but being an "evil" character... I should be able to get some side action with Mision (a cute twelik mall-rat) and Jumanji (a russian gymnist alien jedi). could be a sweet party...

but my true love is HK-47, I want one, more than anything...

#27 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Jun 16 2004, 04:45 AM)
It was fun taking Bastila out back for a quick snog, but being an "evil" character... I should be able to get some side action with Mision (a cute twelik mall-rat) and Jumanji (a russian gymnist alien jedi). could be a sweet party...

but my true love is HK-47, I want one, more than anything...

You do realise that Mission's only 14, right? And Juhani, er, doesn't swing that way...

But of course, neither of them can hold a candle to HK-47. smile.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#28 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:02 AM

I think its Juhani...Jumanji is the Robin Williams movie with bad CG. And its strange, that the council say that a Jedi shall not love or some such, but they have no problem with Juhani's lesbianism.

Oh, and I think I managed to get my character to full dark before leaving Taris(either that or just after I got to Dantoonie).

#29 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:36 AM

Revan and Malak are two of the best names ever made up in Star Wars history. "Revan"..........just sounds menacing without coming off corny ("Sidious")

#30 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:37 AM

and HK 47 MADE this game laugh.gif laugh.gif

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size