#16 Guest_Little princess_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:29 PM

I want it to be a *pretty one...

#17 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:04 PM

I'll make you one princess!

#18 Guest_Owyn_*

Posted 12 April 2004 - 02:10 AM

"I've always thought the British had the most innovative humour in the world. Python, Red Dwarf, Black Adder, League of Gentlemen etc. Since then I've listened to tapes of The Goon Shows from the 1950s...radio shows...hilarious."

I've loved most of those comedians too, well except for league of gentlement, haven't had the pleasure yet. Nevertheless there are some good Australian and American comdies, like simpsons, although its been replayed to death the pure hilarity of it is up there with the british. And don't forget family guy and futurama, some great american cartoons. And movies like the Castle and the Dish are really funny Australian films. Then theres the GlassHouse and Backburner, which aren't very famous but are some of the funniest shows in Austalia.

Well I'm trailing off into randomness, again, so to conclude I'm gonna put up some non-British humour links, Enjoy

Maddox
(This one may be extremely offensive, depending how easily offended you are, or if your a vegetarian)

Homestar Runner
(You may have to dig around a bit to find some of the really funny stuff, the teen girls squad is pretty good)

Penny-Arcade
(I don't know if these guys are british)

Skippy
(The true genious that is an Australian soldier)

#19 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:30 AM

Found out about the whole thing by stumbling upon Polymorph about three years ago. I started going to Lance And Eskimo, then Yahtzee started FR so I naturally started going there as well.

#20 User is offline   Cthulhu Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:20 PM

Who can say? I found it whilst websurfing randomly.

#21 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:43 PM

I found the site from the YTOTW comic, which I found through....another comic, I think. While on the topic of funny British people....don't forget Douglas Adams/Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Yay!
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#22 Guest_Little princess_*

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:24 AM

Nah...Glasshouse isn't funny, it's smartarse, look-at-how-clever-I-am-and -how-stupid-everyone-else-is stuff. Backberner isn't laugh out loud funny, witty maybe.

Don't know the others

The funniest American comedy was Seinfeld, nothing has come anywhere near it for satire, plots, characters and self-piss taking.

Icey...you will make me one?
How?
What do I have to do?

#23 User is offline   Lachie Dazdarian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:05 AM

Nemesis is a fine film.
Army Of Darkness is shitload of....shit.

Your taste in films sucks.

And I'm a superior movie reviewer.

#24 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:29 AM

Yahtzee told me he was gonna start a website so everyone could see how funny he was, and I'm like, 'whatever', and he did it, and I made fun of his web design. I like this site because it means he doesn't have to take out all his frustrated standup comedy material out on me anymore.

Seriously, he'd come up and start with, 'you know, I just thought of something...' with this wistful middle-distance contemplative exp​ression on his face like he was pondering the nature of existance, and then he'd say something like, 'how d'you think spoons got invented?' or some crap like that. He still does that stuff but much less often. Thank god for this site.

I met him via his Rob Blanc games which seemed hilarious to me at the time, and which now seem disappointingly purile and immature. I do still like Paul though.

Lachie, Army of Darkness is... I dunno. I thought it was utterly fantabulous when I was ten, thought it was a load of crud when I was fifteen, and started liking it again when I was twenty. I guess I can't call you a jerk for not liking it then. You gotta keep in mind just how much it's taking the piss out of itself.

#25 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:05 AM

You won't have to do a thing, except provide me with a description of what you want your avatar to look like, and I'll try to make one that looks pretty much like that. smile.gif

#26 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:38 AM

However, if you want one directly ripped off of an Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster single, I can do that.

I'll bet no-ones even heard of them, then?

rolleyes.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#27 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:46 PM

I still need to get PS or some other passable editor, so I can start making my own sigs and avatars. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Mist: 13 April 2004 - 07:47 PM

I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

#28 Guest_Owyn_*

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Little princess @ Apr 13 2004, 04:24 AM)
Nah...Glasshouse isn't funny, it's smartarse, look-at-how-clever-I-am-and -how-stupid-everyone-else-is stuff.

How can you say that when Dave Hugh's entire comedy angle is how much of an idiot he sounds whenever he says anything. And whats wrong with listening to a bunch of smart-arses making witty and/or hilarious jokes at absolutely anything.

#29 Guest_Little princess_*

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:14 PM

Nothing wrong with listening to it Owyn.
It just aint funny.

I'm just a chick...what do I know about humour?

#30 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:18 PM

You people lost me at some point...I'm just not sure where...

blink.gif
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size