• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shows That NEED DVD Sets

#16 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:03 AM

I'm fairly sure that I've seen Dr Who DVD's at the ABC shop.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#17 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:03 AM

I have all the MPGs of the complete series but the quality is pretty poor. It gets the job done, but I'd like some nice quality DVDs.

Well, the MPGs are a good substitute in the meantime. Although, I'm with you in hoping that some DVDs come out because I may just grab some too.

There was some genuine creative thinking behind that show because the original stories they came up with for each episode were amazing. And just some of the things the characters did in the show were incredible.

I still remember the gang making a submarine out of the hulls of two wooden boats to sneak past those huge guys in the bear skins. Great stuff. And the little documentaries at the end of each episode were quite interesting as well.

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Jan 23 2005, 03:03 AM)
I'm fairly sure that I've seen Dr Who DVD's at the ABC shop.

random episodes transfered by volounteers (fans the lazy ass BBC have kindly given permission too) a job that will never be done...

and these episodes are not comming out in order, or quickly...

the whole operation is a bloody shambles....

the BBC, that is, not the lovely fans volling thier time...

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:59 AM

Bugger. I would like to see Scrubs DVDs. I was looking for them for a christmas present, but apparantly they don't exist. So I had to look elsewhere, seeing as Channel 7 is determined to make it impossible to watch.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Jan 23 2005, 08:03 AM)
Well, the MPGs are a good substitute in the meantime.  Although, I'm with you in hoping that some DVDs come out because I may just grab some too.

There was some genuine creative thinking behind that show because the original stories they came up with for each episode were amazing.  And just some of the things the characters did in the show were incredible.

I still remember the gang making a submarine out of the hulls of two wooden boats to sneak past those huge guys in the bear skins.  Great stuff.  And the little documentaries at the end of each episode were quite interesting as well.

Interestingly enough: Paul and I got together and exchanged Christmas presents yesterday (yes, we're just that timely). I got him 6 DVDs or Danger Mouse Episodes and he got me 8 DVDs of really nice quality Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Watched the first episode... it's amazing.

The story in that show is truly great. I can see why I loved it as a kid since it's clearly one of the best cartoons of the day. It's amazing how well it holds up as an adult. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#21 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:17 AM

The stories in each episode were really quite elaborate, weren't they? I'm not sure how long they were - a half hour or thereabouts? - but they certainly put a lot in there. I wondered, because I never saw a final episode when I was a kid, but was this series actually finished?

I ask because some of the shows I watched when I was young were abandoned before their creators had finished the story.

Oh... and yes, you and Paul are rather timely with your Christmas presents. smile.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic