Chefelf.com Night Life: If Dooku Supposedly Is A Sith - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

If Dooku Supposedly Is A Sith Then Why Doesn't He Have the Sith Eyes?

#16 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:02 AM

I like it.

Still, we all know of the injustices heaped upon Lee. He could have been like the anti-Obi-wan of the OT. But Noooooooo.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#17 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 2 2006, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though... how much better would it have been to use this great actor to play the emporers master... rather than some random character while mention is made of an ominous figure from the past...

Actually, that was one of the coolest ideas I've heard. Something that clever would have changed the way I look at the PT. Possibly for the better. Now if I can just figure out how to remove those bits of my brain that remember C3PO's lame jokes and everything about Jar Jar Binks, I might be getting somewhere.

#18 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 2 2006, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow... look at that wierd mirror.

seriously though... how much better would it have been to use this great actor to play the emporers master... rather than some random character while mention is made of an ominous figure from the past...

Would've been damn cool to see Christopher Lee as Plagueis, but Dooku's character was very fitting for Lee. And I agree with your posts. Dooku wasn't interested in becoming a Sith Lord, otherwise he would have had enough gumption to fight Anakin using all of his hatred, instead of giving in to his old Jedi intuition of merely defending himself. He didn't have Sith eyes because he wasn't a full-fledged Sith. Palpatine knew Anakin would defeat Dooku all along. It was part of his plan for taking over control of the galaxy. He told Dooku to draw Anakin to the dark side and surrender. Palpatine was encouraging Anakin to give in to anger and hatred. With Palpatine egging Ani on, and Dooku under the belief that he only had to surrender once the battle went in Anakin's favor, it was that much easier to dupe Anakin into killing Dooku. Yes, the Sith eyes thing is only temporary because Anakin didn't have the Sith eyes during the entire film. He didn't have them on Mustafar unless he was busy killing the Separatist leaders or trying to fight Obi-Wan. Palpatine only had the Sith eyes when he was genuinely pissed off (fighting Mace Windu or later, when striking Luke with Force Lightning). Dooku is a Count... a noble person of Serrenno and he isn't going to give in to his hatred because he is a very reserved well balanced individual. The only reason he joined sides with Palpatine is for knowledge and an aquisition of a broader spectrum of Force powers. Remember, there were certain things the Jedi could not teach him. He was wealthy beyond belief and had aquired a noble status just before he retired from the Jedi Order, so what he wanted was to become powerful in his Force abilities as well. As I said... he isn't a full-fledged Sith Lord, he's more like a rogue Jedi and the main reason he quit being a Jedi is because he was tired of the thousand year old tradition of the Order and the arrogance of the leaders of the Council (Yoda and Mace Windu).

#19 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Mar 3 2006, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, that was one of the coolest ideas I've heard. Something that clever would have changed the way I look at the PT. Possibly for the better. Now if I can just figure out how to remove those bits of my brain that remember C3PO's lame jokes and everything about Jar Jar Binks, I might be getting somewhere.

Just do what I do... "There is no Jar Jar"... "There is no Jar Jar"... and keep repeating this to yourself. I know it doesn't get rid of the horrible memories, but I think everyone has had Jar Jar etched into their brains. The PT needed Jar Jar, though. They needed a complete moron to hand over supreme executive power to Palpatine. In comes Jar Jar Binks. Cue the ominous music. And the hilarity ensues. Now all it needed was for Ahmed Best to be replaced by Rob Schneider. I can see a new Star Wars movie coming in the near future.

You've seen Rob Schneider as an animal. You've seen Rob Schneider as a hot chick. Now, see Rob Schneider in his most hilarious role ever! (In the background we see a large female Wookiee walk by and we hear, "That's a huge bitch!" from off-screen) See Rob Schneider's antics as he deliberately hands over executive power to a very naughty man!

Rob Schneider is Jar Jar!

Rated PG-13

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

So are you pandering, or cutting your losses?

I say: take the bad with the bad.

#21 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 4 2006, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The PT needed Jar Jar, though. They needed a complete moron to hand over supreme executive power to Palpatine. In comes Jar Jar Binks. Cue the ominous music. And the hilarity ensues.

Oh that’s the crappiest excuse I’ve ever heard. And whats great is that everybody who ever defends Jar Jar Binks uses the same one. Anybody with any sense could have come up with a good way to change the Republic into the Empire. We’ve all been coming up with ideas since we first saw ANH and heard Tarkin give his little speech about the Emperor getting rid of the Imperial Senate and the last remnants of the Old Republic being wiped away.

Personally I’ve been coming up with theories of how that may have happened since I was 3yrs old. And all of them, I guarantee you, are better than an infuriating alien who serves no other purpose than to fuck things up all the time and gets tricked into handing power over to the emperor.

#22 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Mar 5 2006, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh that’s the crappiest excuse I’ve ever heard. And whats great is that everybody who ever defends Jar Jar Binks uses the same one. Anybody with any sense could have come up with a good way to change the Republic into the Empire. We’ve all been coming up with ideas since we first saw ANH and heard Tarkin give his little speech about the Emperor getting rid of the Imperial Senate and the last remnants of the Old Republic being wiped away.

Personally I’ve been coming up with theories of how that may have happened since I was 3yrs old. And all of them, I guarantee you, are better than an infuriating alien who serves no other purpose than to fuck things up all the time and gets tricked into handing power over to the emperor.

blink.gif
Who said I defended Jar Jar Binks?!? He's the worst idea since the Ewoks! Wait... I take that back... the worst idea since the digital creation of Jabba the Hutt in ANH. Wait... not the worst idea... the second worst idea compared to Elan Sleazebaggano. Yeah, that's it.

Death Sticks, anyone?

#23 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

So it's ok to only like PARTs of the PT: the LESSER crappy parts.

I'm stirred by your conviction.

#24 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Mar 5 2006, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's ok to only like PARTs of the PT: the LESSER crappy parts.

I'm stirred by your conviction.

I think it's ok to enjoy a movie as a whole, rather than concentrating on one single line or part of the movie and pretending (in denial) that the whole movie sucked. I do like the ESB the best, but I always thought it was the best. However, there are just as many parts of the OT that I don't like. I don't like Jabba the Hutt's digital representation in ANH, granted that's on the SE, but I digress. I don't like that fact that on every planet, the only part that seems to be inhabited is the one we see. I don't like Tattooine. It's not believable enough. You mean to tell me there's this huge desert planet and the only part that's inhabited is this shithole Mos Eisley? Why even live there? Especially, if you're trying to raise a family? I don't like some of the rubbery looking aliens in the cantina scene... they look just as fake as they really are. Why does Han Solo mention the Millenium Falcon making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, when parsec is a measurement of distance, not time? I don't like the fact that there is a garbage room in the middle of the Death Star, just underneath the prison block. I don't believe there is any feasible excuse for a large creature to live in the murky water in the garbage compactor other than to just add some excitement. Where did that giant steel pole come from? It's just conveniently there in case some stowaways get caught between the compactor's walls. Brilliant. When the Death Star is blown up... why does it ex-plode? If the Death Star is in the middle of the vaccuum of space... shouldn't it im-plode? Why would the Rebels choose a frozen ice planet full of carnivorous Wampas to set up a base of operations? Going back to the whole vaccuum of space thing... why is there a giant space slug living inside a cave on an asteroid? Do asteroids have atmospheres? If so... guess I was unaware of that. What kind of relation does Han Solo really have to Lando Calrissean? They go way back... how far? Why was Dagobah so uninhabited? It wasn't that bad! People still live in the swamps down in Louisiana, don't they? Why did Luke fight Vader the first time, only to be told he had to confront Vader again to finish his Jedi training? Where was R2-D2 hiding that lightsaber? How was he able to launch the lightsaber, despite having a restraining bolt attached to him? What happened to the stolen Imperial shuttle once the Rebels landed on Endor? I know it's called Endor, but it's also called the forest moon of Endor. Is it a moon called Endor, which happens to be full of forests and vegetation, or is it an unnamed moon that is in orbit over the "planet" of Endor? Why did Leia kiss Luke in ESB, just to turn around and find out they're related? Why would Leia say "I always knew"? How can Leia remember her mother? Is she talking about Queen Breha of Alderaan? I doubt she remembers Padme. She had to know they were brother and sister for some time... ever since before she was taken hostage while aboard the Tantive IV. So, knowing this... why did she still French kiss her brother? I guess keepin' it in the family is the way to go. Did I miss something? Oh, yeah... when exactly did they actually decide to trust Lando? I don't have the time to keep going, but you get the point. I have just as many problems with the OT as I do with the PT. I'm not saying I like every little part of all these movies, but as one entity, I love 'em. I really miss the sandstorm scene of ROTJ. Kinda wish Lucas would've kept it in there.

#25 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

You're pointing out that the OT begs a lot of questions. I was under the impression that you LIKED to do research. wink.gif

If ESB is your favorite of the "best saga ever", I'm perplexed that it bothers you so.

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:45 PM

a worm in meteor with a bit of atmosphere is better than lava surfing or water cored planets in films WITHOUT atmosphere

#27 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:20 AM

think it's ok to enjoy a movie as a whole, rather than concentrating on one single line or part of the movie and pretending (in denial) that the whole movie sucked.

Are you talking about the PT? It's more than just a 'single line' or a 'part of the movie'---it's a LOT of lines and a LOT of parts of the PT.

I do like the ESB the best, but I always thought it was the best. However, there are just as many parts of the OT that I don't like. I don't like Jabba the Hutt's digital representation in ANH, granted that's on the SE, but I digress.

Well, that goes without saying, it's SE. Shouldna been there.

I don't like that fact that on every planet, the only part that seems to be inhabited is the one we see. I don't like Tattooine. It's not believable enough. You mean to tell me there's this huge desert planet and the only part that's inhabited is this shithole Mos Eisley?

Er? Luke also mentions "Anchorhead" Sounds like an inhabited place to me.

Why even live there? Especially, if you're trying to raise a family?

Why do people live in Detroit? Or Cleveland? New Jersey?

I don't like some of the rubbery looking aliens in the cantina scene... they look just as fake as they really are.

Give me rubber aliens over CGI fakiness anyday. At least the actors ACT like they're there.

Why does Han Solo mention the Millenium Falcon making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, when parsec is a measurement of distance, not time?

Lucas didn't do his research. Always bugged me, too. Some EU thing explained it like this: Supposedly Kessel Run is filled with asteroids, and however can do it in the "least parsecs" i.e., plotting a course through it, was the best. I know---really stupid explanation.

Sometimes I like to pretend it's parsec's. i.e., like it's short for "parseconds" Heh--heh. Yeah, pretty stupid, too. Whatchagonnado. Just wish Lucas had done his research.

I don't like the fact that there is a garbage room in the middle of the Death Star, just underneath the prison block. I don't believe there is any feasible excuse for a large creature to live in the murky water in the garbage compactor other than to just add some excitement. Where did that giant steel pole come from? It's just conveniently there in case some stowaways get caught between the compactor's walls. Brilliant.

It isn't it. smile.gif

When the Death Star is blown up... why does it ex-plode? If the Death Star is in the middle of the vaccuum of space... shouldn't it im-plode?

I'm not sure why it would implode. Exploding makes more sense. As it is, though, I always wished the explosion showed bits of the deathstar tearing away. That would've been cool. When I first heard about the SE, I was really hoping Lucas would do this, but what do we get instead---a RING! A RING!? I was looking really hard for the Excelsior turning into the wave.

Why would the Rebels choose a frozen ice planet full of carnivorous Wampas to set up a base of operations?

From the sounds of it, they didn't know until later about the Wampas. A remote frozen planet makes, sense, though. Honestly, would the Empire really think of looking for them in a nearly inhospitable place?

Going back to the whole vaccuum of space thing... why is there a giant space slug living inside a cave on an asteroid? Do asteroids have atmospheres? If so... guess I was unaware of that.

Shrugs. I like it better than moron amphibian creatures and the environment they live in. Check out Chefelf's comments on this. Truly brilliant!

What kind of relation does Han Solo really have to Lando Calrissean? They go way back... how far?

That's all you need to know. It's all the info that's required. If people are curious, then there's the scads of fit and unfit EU nonsensia out there to fill in the supposed holes you see. All I need to know is, Lando was a friend, Han cheated him, he can't be trusted, sets up tension for the story--BING-BANG-BOOM! Good story. Good character.

Why was Dagobah so uninhabited? It wasn't that bad! People still live in the swamps down in Louisiana, don't they?

Big universe. Not all of it is settled. Give it time, urban sprawl will move in. smile.gif

Why did Luke fight Vader the first time, only to be told he had to confront Vader again to finish his Jedi training? Where was R2-D2 hiding that lightsaber? How was he able to launch the lightsaber, despite having a restraining bolt attached to him? What happened to the stolen Imperial shuttle once the Rebels landed on Endor? I know it's called Endor, but it's also called the forest moon of Endor. Is it a moon called Endor, which happens to be full of forests and vegetation, or is it an unnamed moon that is in orbit over the "planet" of Endor? Why did Leia kiss Luke in ESB, just to turn around and find out they're related? Why would Leia say "I always knew"? How can Leia remember her mother? Is she talking about Queen Breha of Alderaan? I doubt she remembers Padme. She had to know they were brother and sister for some time... ever since before she was taken hostage while aboard the Tantive IV. So, knowing this... why did she still French kiss her brother? I guess keepin' it in the family is the way to go. Did I miss something? Oh, yeah... when exactly did they actually decide to trust Lando? (Since he saved Han's ass) I don't have the time to keep going, but you get the point. I have just as many problems with the OT as I do with the PT. I'm not saying I like every little part of all these movies, but as one entity, I love 'em. I really miss the sandstorm scene of ROTJ. Kinda wish Lucas would've kept it in there.

All of the problems you mention above are from my least loved OT film, ROTJ, and some of them are problems I really have with it. Especially the Luke/Leia relationship. Other problems are due to the inconsistency of the PT.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#28 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

Cowboy Curtis, you always saddle up with wisdom I can relate to.

Nicely done; I honestly didn't think I could make it through that post again.

Monkey Boy:
films WITHOUT atmosphere
tongue.gif

(ever been to PLANET HOLLYWOOD?)

#29 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Mar 5 2006, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you talking about the PT? It's more than just a 'single line' or a 'part of the movie'---it's a LOT of lines and a LOT of parts of the PT.

OT, too. There are a lot of parts that irritate me... especially ROTJ.

Well, that goes without saying, it's SE. Shouldna been there.

Agreed.

Er? Luke also mentions "Anchorhead" Sounds like an inhabited place to me.

Anchorhead's on the way into Mos Eisley. It's the waypoint between Owen and Beru's farm and Mos Eisley. That's where Tachi Station is, or whatever it's called. There's really not much in Anchorhead other than the station.

Why do people live in Detroit? Or Cleveland? New Jersey?

Or the middle of the desert. I'd rather live in Detroit, Cleveland, or New Jersey, than in the middle of a desert farming moisture.

Give me rubber aliens over CGI fakiness anyday. At least the actors ACT like they're there.

A major factor of that is it is difficult to act all by yourself against a green/blue screen while someone's yelling at you from off-stage to talk to a character that isn't real. I guess I'm just too picky.

Lucas didn't do his research. Always bugged me, too. Some EU thing explained it like this: Supposedly Kessel Run is filled with asteroids, and however can do it in the "least parsecs" i.e., plotting a course through it, was the best. I know---really stupid explanation.

Here's what I gathered from the Han Solo Trilogy books... the Kessel Run goes through a series of black holes called the Maw. It's sort of like a shortcut from the traditional route to get to Kessel. Nobody really wants to go through the Maw because of stories they have heard of ships disappearing into the black holes and never coming back. It's kinda like the Bermuda Triangle and only the bravest pilots use it to save time. It still doesn't explain why Lucas put this parsecs statement in ANH, though.

Sometimes I like to pretend it's parsec's. i.e., like it's short for "parseconds" Heh--heh. Yeah, pretty stupid, too. Whatchagonnado. Just wish Lucas had done his research.

If only that were true. It's a shame.

It isn't it. smile.gif

It is. Hellaconvenient.

I'm not sure why it would implode. Exploding makes more sense. As it is, though, I always wished the explosion showed bits of the deathstar tearing away. That would've been cool. When I first heard about the SE, I was really hoping Lucas would do this, but what do we get instead---a RING! A RING!? I was looking really hard for the Excelsior turning into the wave.

Well, I think it might explode, but fire can't exist in space because there is no oxygen to keep the fire going. I just don't get the whole ring thing either. Maybe it's a shockwave... but then again... sound can't travel through the vaccuum of space, either.

From the sounds of it, they didn't know until later about the Wampas. A remote frozen planet makes, sense, though. Honestly, would the Empire really think of looking for them in a nearly inhospitable place?

As long as it's not Tattooine, I guess not.

Shrugs. I like it better than moron amphibian creatures and the environment they live in. Check out Chefelf's comments on this. Truly brilliant!

Agreed. Gungans don't deserve to live in the SW universe.

That's all you need to know. It's all the info that's required. If people are curious, then there's the scads of fit and unfit EU nonsensia out there to fill in the supposed holes you see. All I need to know is, Lando was a friend, Han cheated him, he can't be trusted, sets up tension for the story--BING-BANG-BOOM! Good story. Good character.

It didn't give any background info other than that. I was disappointed because Lando was a good character. Other than this disappointment, I really loved ESB. I really wish someone would write some history behind Dooku... or perhaps even Palpatine.

Big universe. Not all of it is settled. Give it time, urban sprawl will move in. smile.gif

Every other planet in the SW galaxy has some type of sentient being roaming the land... Why should Yoda be forced to live in such a desolate place with no one to talk to, until Luke comes around?

All of the problems you mention above are from my least loved OT film, ROTJ, and some of them are problems I really have with it. Especially the Luke/Leia relationship. Other problems are due to the inconsistency of the PT.

I didn't like ROTJ as much as the other movies. I don't know which is worse, Gungans, or Ewoks... yeah, ok, it's a tie.

#30 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 6 2006, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't like ROTJ as much as the other movies. I don't know which is worse, Gungans, or Ewoks... yeah, ok, it's a tie.

You know what though, when I was little I believed those ewoks were real. My little brother, who was about the same age as I was when rotj came out, never once believed the cgi gungans were real.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size