Chefelf.com Night Life: If Dooku Supposedly Is A Sith - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

If Dooku Supposedly Is A Sith Then Why Doesn't He Have the Sith Eyes?

#31 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Mar 6 2006, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what though, when I was little I believed those ewoks were real. My little brother, who was about the same age as I was when rotj came out, never once believed the cgi gungans were real.

I can see why. They're freakin' clown shoes. I never truly believed the Ewoks were real, either, though... mainly because of the large seams running down their bodies. They might as well have put zippers on their chests.

#32 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:34 AM

Ya, you can tell when something is computer generated
OH NO!!!

#33 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

Back to Dooku not having the Sith eyes... He wasn't a Sith. He was just a rogue Jedi. Remember in AOTC when he mentioned Qui-Gon may have sided with him? Qui-Gon may have sided with him, for the same reason Dooku left the Order. Qui-Gon was a bit of a rogue Jedi, also. He wanted to train Anakin despite the Council's orders, and he even told Anakin to observe what he does as if to train him in secrecy.

Qui-Gon viewed the Jedi Council as a bunch of old, arrogant fools. He was tired of being their yes-man, just like Dooku. I think this explains why Qui-Gon was able to find immortality after he was turned into the Force by Maul. He didn't have the old, arrogant fools telling him what to do and he had become one with the Force. I don't think Dooku liked the fact that the Council considered him a yes-man, either, and he left the Order to pursue claiming his rightful "Count" title.

Dooku didn't really want to be part of an Order, whether Jedi or Sith, due to his nobility and individuality. He was just a little misguided because Sidious had offered him a broader spectrum of power to go with his newly obtained Count title. All Dooku had to do was lead a crusade to different worlds in order to acquire a 'feasible' opposition to the Republic. I think Dooku was decieved into thinking it was alright to go against the Jedi traditions, when deep down inside he knew better.

#34 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 9 2006, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back to Dooku not having the Sith eyes... He wasn't a Sith. He was just a rogue Jedi. Dooku didn't really want to be part of an Order, whether Jedi or Sith, due to his nobility and individuality. He was just a little misguided because Sidious had offered him a broader spectrum of power to go with his newly obtained Count title. All Dooku had to do was lead a crusade to different worlds in order to acquire a 'feasible' opposition to the Republic. I think Dooku was decieved into thinking it was alright to go against the Jedi traditions, when deep down inside he knew better.

Here’s another example of a radical claim. There is nothing in the films to suggest that Dooku is anything but a Sith Lord. So GL managed to confuse the hell out of his audience with Dooku's character, but his name was Darth Tyrannus for christssake. Do you really think Lucas is clever enough to have made him some kind of double crossing crusader? I don't. Because if that’s what Lucas wanted to do, he would have made it so obvious throughout the PTs that there would be no mistake about it. You're giving him way to much credit here.

#35 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Mar 9 2006, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here’s another example of a radical claim. There is nothing in the films to suggest that Dooku is anything but a Sith Lord. So GL managed to confuse the hell out of his audience with Dooku's character, but his name was Darth Tyrannus for christssake. Do you really think Lucas is clever enough to have made him some kind of double crossing crusader? I don't. Because if that’s what Lucas wanted to do, he would have made it so obvious throughout the PTs that there would be no mistake about it. You're giving him way to much credit here.

Just because someone uses dark Force abilities, it doesn't make them a Sith. You did watch the Clone Wars animation, right? Observe what Dooku says to Asajj Ventress.

And yes... you're quite astute, it is a radical claim... meaning it was a very thorough and complete claim. Almost as if I had studied the character of Count Dooku... very interesting...

#36 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 9 2006, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because someone uses dark Force abilities, it doesn't make them a Sith. You did watch the Clone Wars animation, right? Observe what Dooku says to Asajj Ventress.

And yes... you're quite astute, it is a radical claim... meaning it was a very thorough and complete claim. Almost as if I had studied the character of Count Dooku... very interesting...

Darth Sidious called him Darth Tyrannus. He WAS a Sith Lord.

No I did not watch the Clone Wars animation. It looked really stupid - the animation was terrible, and I just dont think I should have to watch some stupid cartoon to understand the movies.

Jejef, you have proven your ability to look up words in the dictionary. Let it go already.

#37 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

i reakon the clones wars cartoons wouldn't be too bad stoned

#38 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 9 2006, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i reakon the clones wars cartoons wouldn't be too bad stoned

I bet the PT wouldn’t be bad to watch high either. What does that tell ya.

#39 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

"You're no match for him, he's a sith lord."
-Palpatine

"Sith lords are our speciality."
-Obi-wan Kenobi

here's two very intelligent and clued in people saying he's a sith. EVIDENCE
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#40 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Mar 9 2006, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"You're no match for him, he's a sith lord."
-Palpatine

"Sith lords are our speciality."
-Obi-wan Kenobi

here's two very intelligent and clued in people saying he's a sith. EVIDENCE

and two very relaibale sources.

"Darth Vader killed your father"
-Obi-wan Kenobi

"Help, I'm too weak."
-Senetor 'PWR unlimited PWR!!111!!' Palpatine

#41 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Mar 9 2006, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet the PT wouldn’t be bad to watch high either. What does that tell ya.

alchohol makes bad things seem okay.
pot makes exposes layers and depth... but if something is animated it makes it a little more realistic...

#42 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

So because these "clued in" people say he's a Sith Lord, he's a Sith? If that's the case, then I'm Samuel L. Jackson!

While I'm not taking the intelligence factor away from Obi-Wan, I would hardly say he's clued in... he can't tell there's a Sith Lord sitting in the chair watching him fight Dooku!

Palpatine calls him a Sith Lord because he's in "Supreme Chancellor of the Republic" mode, and he's trying to make Dooku look like THE Sith Lord, not just one of the crew. He's acting naive in order to persuade Obi-Wan into thinking Dooku is a Sith. That still doesn't mean Dooku is a Sith!

laugh.gif

#43 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:29 AM

This is all becoming a tangled net of Star Wars madness
OH NO!!!

#44 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 10 2006, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So because these "clued in" people say he's a Sith Lord, he's a Sith? If that's the case, then I'm Samuel L. Jackson!

While I'm not taking the intelligence factor away from Obi-Wan, I would hardly say he's clued in... he can't tell there's a Sith Lord sitting in the chair watching him fight Dooku!

Palpatine calls him a Sith Lord because he's in "Supreme Chancellor of the Republic" mode, and he's trying to make Dooku look like THE Sith Lord, not just one of the crew. He's acting naive in order to persuade Obi-Wan into thinking Dooku is a Sith. That still doesn't mean Dooku is a Sith!

laugh.gif

Why are you trading clear and concise evidence for speculative nonsense that you just made up?

You might as well be saying, Luke Skywalker wasn’t actually a Jedi, he was just some kid who wanted the glory of killing the Emperor so he tricked Yoda and Kenobi into thinking he cared about becoming a Jedi when really he just wanted to learn some cool skills.

#45 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

Why are you trading clear and concise evidence for speculative nonsense that you just made up?

You might as well be saying, Luke Skywalker wasn’t actually a Jedi, he was just some kid who wanted the glory of killing the Emperor so he tricked Yoda and Kenobi into thinking he cared about becoming a Jedi when really he just wanted to learn some cool skills.

sad.gif that is what happened dry.gif
OH NO!!!

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size