Chefelf.com Night Life: The Darth Maul board - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

The Darth Maul board Write all your maulish opinions...

#61 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:44 AM

Thank you, Yukai Ondori.

On the RotJ board, we have discussed, on and off, ideas for what would have made Jedi smoother, if not much better. Maybe we should start something like this for ALL of the movies, even though most folks would flame any attempt at "improving" ANH and ESB.

By improving, I would mean something integral to the plot that was missed, or flying that SuperStar Destroyer temporarily into some of the plot holes until someone could come up with a logical or satisfying resolution, rather than just mucking around with more CGI.

#62 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:41 AM

Darth Maul: the nerd's Macguffin.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#63 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:19 AM

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."

"Yes, my master."

Darth Maul actually had a third line:

"Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the trace was correct, I will find them quickly, Master."

Boba Fett still wins on number of lines, in the classic trilogy... (and in one movie, no less, since he has no lines in ROTJ, just three grunt/screams).

#64 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."

"Yes, my master."

Boy, it's easy to see where all the fanfic writers get that deep, complex, sensitive character, isn't it? rolleyes.gif

Darth Maul is not a character, he's an action figure. He looks cool and has a double-bladed lightsaber and that's the full extent of his personality. In a way, he's a pretty good metaphor for the PT as a whole (and no, I don't care what the EU says about him; that's the way he's portrayed in the movies and that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned).
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#65 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:32 AM

He had potential though. I still think it was a waste to kill him off in TPM. He would have made such a cooler bad guy than Count Doucheku and General WasteMyTime.

#66 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

Count Doucheku

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I almost laughed until unsure.gif wacko.gif sick.gif yell.gif

#67 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:36 PM

Count Doucheku

I prefer 'Count Dookula' myself. tongue.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#68 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

I think it would be cool, if GL financed and opened up an entire retail shopping complex entirely devoted to selling only Star Wars merchandise.

Clothes, books, food, jewelry, automotive tools,.you name it,.it would be there, all with the cool star wars touch added to every item.

and GL could call it,....(insert drumroll here)......."DARTH MALL"

Mom: "where are you going this evening, dear?"

Daughter: "I am going to Darth Mall"

wacko.gif
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#69 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jun 15 2005, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand that you don't mind Terminator 3, but Terminator 2 was awesome and is the best of the Trilogy (Well, duology for me.)

Terminator 3 would have been an awesome movie, if someone sent a terminator back through time for force James Cameron to direct the film, and kill off Mostow.

and they should have sent them, before arnold got too old too...say,.no later than 1997 or 1998.

and take out dumb scenes like "talk to the hand"

and the snobbish actress Claire Danes,..get rid of her,.pleeeeaassee,..she acted like she could care less about the script,.and only was going thru the motions for a paycheck!

I didnt quite understand why Nick Stahl was chosen for John Connor,..dammit,.I wanted Eddie Furlong back.
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

#70 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (mireaux7 @ Oct 2 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didnt quite understand why Nick Stahl was chosen for John Connor

I thought he did a decent job with it.

#71 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

No. Most definitely not. Nick Stahl was just... he... umm... did in no way look like the leader of the resistance. Or any leader at all, for that matter. The guy from the 2nd movie, now that was John Connor. Too bad he became a drug addict. *sigh*

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#72 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

laugh.gif Eddi Furlong does NOT look any more like a leader than the other guy. He looks like he should be modeling for Versacci and singing soprano.

#73 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Oct 6 2006, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Eddi Furlong does NOT look any more like a leader than the other guy. He looks like he should be modeling for Versacci and singing soprano.

at least Eddie Furlong looked better in T2 than his buddy Danny Cooksey,..complete with fire-red mullet, dirt-drenched jean jacket, and pajamas for pants, and bad acting!

biggrin.gif

#74 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Hey, leave Budnick alone!

#75 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip