Chefelf.com Night Life: Just some rambling... - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Just some rambling... Didn't think you guys would mind.

#46 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Deepsycher @ May 2 2007, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In other words are you calling me someone who just sits around?

No. I'm just saying that messaging "Reading is for campers" is the way I found to hide my stupidity in multiplayer gaming. Sometimes it works. Nah, it never works.

You don't know me and I never heard of you before by your name.

I feel insulted. dry.gif

I think that sitting around in one position is not a good thing in a turbo speed, low gravity environment map so moving around in the right places is important and by sitting around players become easy targets. In slow game speeds I can see why they wait around.

Now that's funny, because I was talking about Descent 3, a game I used to play a lot over the net.
If you don't know the game, it's about piloting a spaceship and fire/dodge hundreds of laser shots and missles. Half of a second is the difference between being hit by a plasma smart missle or not.
Well, in games like these you have to pay attention, you can't just stop and talk about politics.

Suddently, I've remebered about this.

#47 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Nostaw @ May 7 2007, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I'm just saying that messaging "Reading is for campers" is the way I found to hide my stupidity in multiplayer gaming. Sometimes it works. Nah, it never works.
I feel insulted. dry.gif
Now that's funny, because I was talking about Descent 3, a game I used to play a lot over the net.
If you don't know the game, it's about piloting a spaceship and fire/dodge hundreds of laser shots and missles. Half of a second is the difference between being hit by a plasma smart missle or not.
Well, in games like these you have to pay attention, you can't just stop and talk about politics.

Suddently, I've remebered about this.

Oh I see, Sorry I felt insulted as well before. I only host and play Unreal Tournament the first version which I have done since 1999. In the newer versions everything seems bigger and my movement feels limited. So my interest are rigid but I did a lot of practicing with the dodging feature (arrow keys) recently which I always disabled before.

What I do when someone has something important to say or ask, I go and hide behind somewhere dark then address any problems. I don't play any newer games I live in the past.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size